The Cheater

The glass door slid shut behind Jason. The house he was currently leaving wasn't his, nor his wife's. In fact, he wasn't sure who owned it. His body wobbled as he staggered through the backyard, towards the gate. His sense of smell, sight, balance, and taste were gone. Dulled by the sense of despair his soul carried.
Closing the gate behind him, his memory began to come back. The house belonged to Amanda, a woman who he had been flirting with for weeks. It took only weeks for their lustful intentions to become reality.
Walking now on the sidewalk, guidance was only offered by the occasional streetlight. The moon disappeared within the clouds. Jason felt his sunken gut in his midsection, a telltale sign of regret. His mind was in agony. How many times was it now, he asked himself.
His footsteps echoed down the long street. It was a straight one mile stretch to his house. Jason reasoned the short distance was the reason this affair occurred quickly. He glanced around, realizing how dark his walk home really was. He tried to avert his growing sense of fear.
Jason's mind wandered to his wife. He could easily picture her small, perfectly round face. The light brown eyes that gleamed in any form of illumination. Her small curves around the hip and waist, evidencing her child bearing potential. The sweet melody her voice sang each time it opened, the soothing tone it emitted. It all came to Jason in a couple seconds. This amazing woman was his, yet he couldn't feel the happiness she was providing. Something deep in his mind prevented it. A dark presence that attacked inconsistently. His amazing job, beautiful wife and home, could not defeat the darkness. It crept into his heart. Evil had found a home in his body, and fed off his soul. Jason couldn't look at himself in a mirror without growing nauseas. The sight of his pretty wife brought him rage. His previous pleasures were now only memories. Nothing pleased the man, and neither should it, unless allowed by the darkness.
A twig snapped, grabbing Jason's attention. His head swiveled to the left, spotting a small bunny in front of a house. Automatic house lights lit up the animal, revealing it's dark coat. He followed Jason with its eyes as he walked by.
Jason was unnerved by the rabbit, speeding up his pace. He didn't believe the bunny could snap a twig, knowing whatever had snapped it was out there, watching him. His stomach turned, dizziness settling in. The sidewalk seemed ominously longer. Jason stirred off of the sidewalk, now walking openly in the street. His entire existence felt violated in these few moments. Whatever was watching him wanted him to keep walking.
Jason spotted his house, feeling a sense of security settle in. Standing in front of his door now, he sighed. Paranoia and hallucinations were symptoms, they said. Jason reached into his pocket, fiddling with his pill bottle. He wondered how much longer it would be before his doctors put him on another medication. He shook his head, tired from his endeavors.
Jason opened the door to his house.
A man with goat legs stood in the doorway, a head taller than Jason. It's unspeakable eyes were matched with a toothy grin. The creature rested a hand on Jason's shoulder, guiding him back into his own home.