Chapter 2

Here's the second chapter I wrote just today, hope you enjoy!!

*Wren's P.O.V*

"Kind of rude to stare at someone after you just punched them in the face," the person said, their voice tinted with sarcasm. I stepped closer to study the person, flinching when they moved forward with almost lightning speed. I was now staring at a man a couple inches taller than me. He had shoulder length brunette hair that had a wave to it.

"Kind of rude to just suddenly appear in front of someone," I mocked, ignoring the hiss that escaped his mouth.

"I am Draven," his voice was rough and almost hoarse. "Who are you?" he questioned almost immediately after. "And what Coven do you belong to?" he asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Well I was going to tell you Draven but you are very demanding," I said as I crossed my arms. "What is a Coven?" I questioned. A noise of shock escaped his throat at my question. He looked completely bewildered at my question.

"You have no idea what a Coven is?" Draven questioned. I was tempted to respond sarcastically but chose to just bite my tongue instead. "How long have you been a vampire?" he asked.

"You know, I really do not feel like answering you. I have no incentive to even be speaking to you so if you do not mind I will be leaving now," I said as I pushed past him. I made sure to grab the empty blood bags off the floor. I went ahead and grabbed about ten more full bags to take with me. My hunger was satiated for now so I could finally move on from this town but the full bags would me tide off the hunger until I was settled down in a new place.

Was it more practical to settle down and stay in one place? It was but I could not allow myself to get too attached to one person in the town. Eventually I would have had to move on so now was as good as time as any. Another state sounded nice, maybe a more coastal one. I could try to get a tan-even though I knew it would not work.

"Wait!" Draven called after me, his footsteps echoing around the empty room. I glanced back at him, only to make sure that he shut the door to the freezer after he left it. I would leave no trace except for the unlocked back door. I would have to return Ezekiel's keys right after I left to make sure that they had nothing to suspect.

I let the back door swing shut after me, wincing when it sounded like Draven smacked into it. Something told me that this man could not be quiet when he needed to be. I tucked the blood bags into my jacket.

"Come on, hear me out," Draven said. I sighed as I spun around to stare at him.

"What do you want? Can you not understand I want nothing to do with you?" I questioned him as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I want to offer a deal. You have no clue what a Coven is so I am also assuming you lack the knowledge that most vampires have. I can help you. I presume you do not know how to hunt seeing as you robbed a blood bank, I can teach you how. All I ask in return is that you entertain the notion of joining the Coven I am in if it suits you," Draven stated.

"Why do you wish for me to join your Coven?" I questioned as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. His offer sounded too good to be true. I had spent years trying to find all the information I could only to hit every dead end imaginable.

"The more members a Coven has, the better their standing is. Coven is one thing above all, your coven will always be your family," Draven explained. "The more members a coven may have, the better it is viewed. No Coven has had a new member join in over a thousand years so I figured if I helped inform you of everything then you may join the coven I am in," he stated simply.

"At least you are honest about your intentions," I said dryly while processing all that he had told me. This agreement could be very beneficial to me if all he wanted was for me to consider joining a coven. "Wait, a thousand years?" I questioned. "So you are over a thousand years old?" I asked him.

"Let me do some quick math," Draven said as he seemed to be counting in his head. It took him a couple minutes before he could respond. "I am 2,798 years old," he finally replied. My eyes widened as I stared at him. He was ancient compared to me.

"I am only 239 years old," I stated simply, making his eyes widen. Something told me that this particular information was not what he was expecting.

"I knew you were young but that makes you the youngest vampire by quite a few years," Draven said quietly. That intrigued me.

"By how many years am I the youngest?" I questioned curiously.

"I am not doing the math right now to find the exact number of years but the youngest vampire before you is 2,090," he informed me. "Why did the one who turned you not inform you of things such as the Covens and how to hunt?" he questioned out loud, more to himself than me it seemed.

"He simply turned me and left all in the same night, I had no clue what was going on until the bloodlust started," I said quietly, feeling the memory start to bubble up in the back of my mind. I pushed it away, focusing on the sidewalk instead.

"The one who turned you has failed. I had assumed with the lack of knowledge that you had that your Creator, that is the name for the person who turned you by the way, had met an untimely demise. I had never suspected that they had simply left you to figure things out for yourself," Draven stated.

"I suppose that what happened to me is not common?" I questioned as he walked beside me. It seems I could never win, at first I was odd because I was a vampire and now I am odd because I was the youngest vampire.

"No, it is not. It should never happen. We have laws in place to prevent such a thing," Draven stated as he seemed to contemplate something. "My wife helped write the laws to protect the newly turned ones. Perhaps you would like to meet her soon?" he questioned.

"How will you explain how you met me? That you stalked me and followed me into a freezer?" I questioned teasingly. I had already learned so much from him in this short period of time. Perhaps I could stick around this town for longer just to learn what was needed before I left.

This meant that I could spend more time with Ezekiel. Of course, I would still have to leave him one day but perhaps I could put that day quite a bit off. I was pulled from my musing by Draven clearing his throat.

"If it suits you, perhaps you could meet me at the blood bank tomorrow night and I could give you some packets of information. You could also meet my wife," Draven stated.

"That is agreeable. Is around 10:00 p.m. okay with you?" I questioned him curiously. He nodded his head and all of the sudden he was gone.

He had left me with plenty of questions, more questions than answers to be honest. Things seemed to be getting a lot more interesting around here. Perhaps it is time I allowed myself to learn about the mysteries surrounding my vampirism. And I had kept my name a secret the whole time.

That was something I was proud of, as names were power. It was a privilege to know a name, as names could be used against a person at any time. I had suffered once from that mistake, trusting the one who had turned me, so I supposed I had the right to be wary of giving my names to random vampires.