Chapter 1

*plip* *plop* The sound of water dripping down was heard in the cold dark room. 

Chained against the wall, a girl with lifeless silver eyes seemed to have given up on life. 

'In my previous life, I didn't have to struggle this much…' 

In my previous life, I was a poor orphan who struggled to survive. I studied every day, I did a lot of part-time jobs in order to pay my bills and feed myself. And when I finally got a decent job… I died in a car accident. It's a pretty shitty ending if you ask me. 

Then as if God saw all of my struggles and efforts. I was Reborn, in another world. Although I was still born as an orphan, it was completely different from my previous life. I didn't have to worry about being starved by the orphanage. No mean adults who would always try to find fault with me. I even got a job much more stable than the one in my previous life. It was the life I had always longed for. 

I was happy.

That is… Until the day I was discovered to be a Reincarnated soul. It turned out that there were others who were also Reincarnated into this world. They were treated worse than pigs. People like me were given the title Reincarnator. Reincarnators were branded as abnormal beings who are the sin of humanity. If you were lucky you would be directly sent to the Asylum. But if you were unlucky, you'd become a slave or sent to the magic Tower to be experimented on. 

And me? I had the worst luck, since I was the royal family's Arch mage, you can imagine what my treatment would be like. 

I was tortured, countless drugs were injected in me, I was starved to death there was not a single day where I didn't feel pain. That the person who caused all of this was none other than my close friend, Arien the fourth Prince of the Ixalon Empire. 

The person I trusted the most, betrayed me.

***

The sound of the door opening could be heard. "Well, it seems that they really messed you up." The girl slowly looks up in the direction of the voice. Standing before her was a man gazing at her arrogantly with his dark blue eyes. His platinum blonde shone under the dense Moonlight which pierced through the only window in the room. 

"But it seems that not even the Magic Tower, which is famous for it's torture could break you." He sarcastically says, "as expected from someone who was Reincarnated from another world! You really are…" he gets closer to the girl, lifting her chin up, "an abnormal being." 

The girl answers with a cold gaze in her eyes, "... you talk too much."

The two guards that came with the young man glowered, "how dare you be disrespectful of his highness the fourth Prince!" 

The man raises his hand, gesturing to them to stop. He holds the girl by the cheek with a face full of adoration. "My beautiful Aciel, why do you have to make it so hard for yourself?" He closes in on Aciel, his face an inch away from her ear. "If only you had agreed to help me ascend the throne when I asked. Maybe you wouldn't have to be executed tomorrow." 

The moment she heard that last sentence, her eyes opened wide. The eyes which were empty were replaced with shock, and then relief. 

'I'm going to be executed tomorrow?' 

That's great, what a relief.  I can finally,  finally be put out of my misery.

"Prince Arien."

"What is It?" 
'Did she come to realise how dire her situation is and want to beg for forgiveness?' He thought gleefully. 

"You'll never be able to succeed the throne no matter how hard you try."

Prince Arien's expression freezes in place. "...what?"