𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴

𝐒𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 woke Elizabeth up the next morning but in a area that she was unaware of. Her light blue walls weren't the first thing that she saw, no the first thing she saw was  surrounded by the timber walls of a small fish shack by the marsh. The blonde haired girl sat up quickly on the bed that she was on in what seemed to be a bedroom that belonged to a male, that was the truth. And a older man of that. Elizabeth got up out of the bed that she was on and had a look around the room that she was in. 

And with one look, she knew she was in the Routledge household. Elizabeth smiled slightly when she saw the photo of Big John and John B on his desk that was in the room. 
There was a mirror in the corner of the room and the shiner that was showing the now purple and blue bruise that was now covering the lower half of her right eye. 
And that is when it all came back to her, Topper said something to John B about his father, Big John had been lost at sea for almost ten months. Topper and John B started fighting- Topper almost killed John B so Elizabeth stepped in a saved the pogue boy. That was when her best-friend in the face. 

Elizabeth knew she wasn't by herself, John B was home and she could hear him talking to someone and she knew the other woman's voice from anywhere, it was Susan Peterkin her fathers boss and the sheriff of the Kildare Sheriffs department.

"Are you sure you didn't come across a wreck yesterday?" She heard the woman ask John B, Elizabeth opened the door as quietly as she could and began to walk down the small hallway of the John B's home. 

"Yeah, yeah I'm sure." John B answered Peterkin's question, he looked to his right slightly and saw Elizabeth standing at the end of the hallway. He gave her a look, one telling her to stay where she was. 
Peterkin leaned down slightly to make her eyes meet with John B's, she placed a hand firmly onto John B's shoulder as she did so. 
"It's better if you didn't, you understand?" She questions. Peterkin stands back up to where she was before, still keeping eye contact with the boy. "I'm gonna look the other way, as long as you stay out of the marsh." Peterkin takes a look around the house again and Elizabeth quickly steps back to where she was beforehand, trying not to get caught by the officer. 
"I got dogs living better than this John B. You might wanna think about cleanin' up. And Elizabeth say hi to your father for me. I'm sure he'd love to know where you got that shiner from." And with that the woman left the house. Leaving John B to sit there on the fold out lounge. He leaned back and picked up the empty beer can that was on the lounge throwing it in front of him out of rage that he now had because of the officer. 

"You all good?" Elizabeth comes out from where she was in the hallway, startling the boy slightly. With him forgetting that she was here. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you."  She apologies to the boy and he shakes his head. 

"It's okay. I'm all good." He answers and steps up from where he was sitting. 
"Thanks for letting me stay I guess. To be honest I don't even remember crashing here, all I remember is me breaking up the fight between you and Topper, getting punched in the face." She point to the bruise on her face. "And me getting the others to help you out of the water. 

"Does it hurt?" John B questions as he moves closer towards the girl. 
"Besides the constant thumping that is going on in my head right now I think I am fine. How about you? Peterkin looked like she really wanted something from you." Elizabeth questions, John B shakes his head at her. 
"I'm okay, thank you. You know who gave you that right?" John B questions, he then moves to the table behind him to clean up the empty beer cans and bottles that were on there. 

Elizabeth sighs and runs a hand through her blonde hair, she knew exactly who it was who threw the punch at her. 
"Uh yeah. Turns out someone doesn't understand the meaning of stop and needs to get a grip on his anger management." Elizabeth lets out a chuckle, but John B was not laughing or making any jokes right now. Because a male hitting a female in any circumstance is not acceptable. 
"I don't think he meant it though-" 
"Don't be like that, I know you're better then that Elizabeth." John B states and she scoffs. 
"I think I know me better than you John B." 
"I know that you're not stupid. That is not okay and you need to get rid of him." John B tried with her again but she shook her head. 

"You're welcome for me saving you but I need to get home. Before my dad kills me fore real this time. See you around John B." She walks up to the boy and leaves a soft kiss on his cheek and walked out of the home. Waving to the other three who were walking back from the docks as she did so. Elizabeth laughed as JJ called out to John B stating how he must've gotten laid the night beforehand, when he clearly knew that John B was knocked out cold once they all had arrived at the chateau the night beforehand.