8 - a little handsy

Ashton emailed the details for our "play date" to me last night. It was simple, but still extremely flirtatious. Like most of the emails he sends me.

To: samriggs84@gmail.com

From: ashtonirwin1367@gmail.com

Hey Sammy, meet at the park on fifth tomorrow. We're so excited. And don't forget your puppy! Lol you told me to remind you :) can't wait to see your beautiful face again

To: ashtonirwin1367@gmail.com

From: samriggs84@gmail.com

Sounds good! I can't wait to spend time with you guys! :)

I'm feeling anxious, but not to the point where I'll cancel or anything. And I have actually done that before.

It did take me a while to choose an outfit. It's sunny and warm outside, so pants were out of the question. I eventually just chose a white lace top with some baby blue shorts. It'll keep me cool, plus it's just a happy outfit to me. And I am definitely in a happy mood.

Willy and I left my house about half an hour before noon. Willy is my puppy that I had mentioned to Ashton. His personality is eerily similar to a lazy, old man. Not very energetic, but I still love him. I let him lay in my passenger seat as I drive and he doesn't complain.

My heart feels as if it's on overdrive as I make my way to the park. Thinking about seeing Ashton, even Halle, is enough to make my day. They both make me smile so much.

Once I arrive at the park, I find a parking spot and get out of my car. I pick Willy up and grab his leash, even though he most likely won't need it. I've been training him and he's very smart, or just too lazy to disobey me.

I see the playground and start to walk that way. I don't head there because I think Ashton would bring Halle there. She's too little to play.

I go there because the swings honestly just look really fun to me.

Times like this, I really wish I had Ashton's number. It is Saturday, after all. Everyone loves the park. I feel lost as I search the many faces around me. Plus, I'd just like to text him.

I set Willy on the ground and I swear he rolls his eyes. I look over towards a row of trees and feel a smile forming on my lips.

I see him casually seated beneath one of the trees, leaning on his arms as she crawls around beside him.

I don't even think before heading excitedly in their direction.

"Come on, Willy!" I tell my dog and his legs start moving to keep up with me.

"You picked a nice spot to sit," I speak up once I'm close enough. Ashton glances up from looking at Halle and smiles from ear to ear.

"I wasn't sure if you'd find us, Ms. Riggs. I hope it wasn't too difficult for you," He teases and I shake my head while smiling at the ground. I see Willy run up towards Halle who's staring at him with wide eyes.

She exclaims something to Ashton and he nods energetically while placing her closer to Willy. She reaches for Willy's leg and he skillfully moves out of the way. Ashton lets out a laugh and shrugs, "No idea what she said."

"Baby language is a hard one to learn," I smile as I watch Halle. I lace my fingers behind my back and clear my throat. I'm so nervous that I don't know what to do with myself.