1

A young man shoots out of bed, after waking up frenzied. Despite his thoughts sprinting ahead at an awful pace, his body couldn't seem to keep up. He stumbled through the cluttered house, tripping over the sleeping bodies of his frat brothers and grabbing the side of his head as he crushed plastic cups under his feet. The crunching of the plastic caused his head to spin. He'd finally made his way into the living room.

"Get up, ya cunt!" he exclaims, kicking the side of the couch.

Another, scraggly-looking young man grumbles, "Pez, what the fuck man?" He pulls himself to sit up and face his friend, barely able to open an eye at this hour.

"We need to clean this shit up! I've got class in an hour!" The red haired boy huffed as he bent down to scoop up all the trash strewn about. "There's fucking cups everywhere, Irwin. This place reeks of booze!"

"Who cares? That party last night was a rager," replied the current couch potato, running a hand through his blonde locks with a smirk. "why worry about the mess?"

Pez scurried around scooping cups, snack wrappers and empty booze bottles into garbage bags, while Irwin gathered enough energy to stand. He managed to steady himself enough to light up a cigarette. Smoke bellowed up to the ceiling as he puffed his morning stick and stretched with a dissatisfied groan. His back cracked much like a glowstick. This was his morning routine, after a few months now spent sleeping on that damned couch.

"Irwin man, help me out" stubborn tufts of fiery hair fell back into Pez's eyes as he shot a look at his friend. "Missy's coming over tonight and this place needs to atleast look clean."

A hoarse laugh escaped Irwin, before he caught himself and apologized. "I didn't realize you two were still together."

Frustration grew in the red-head's eyes. "You know, not everyone's like you, Mr. mother-fucking Dundee." He scoffed, "Some of us want healthy, long-lasting relationships."

The two kept on with their bickering as they finished straightening up the house. Pez shook his head as Irwin lit another smoke, and proceeded to head out for his first lecture. Irwin smirked as Pez's voice echoed through the front hall from outside - "you've gotta stop smoking in the house, man"

'Ah, fuck you Pez - I don't even really live here.' Irwin thought, pulling from his cigarette. 'It ain't me that's gunna get in trouble for the smell. My name's not on the residents list.'