Chapter 18

after knowing everything about jungkook and his condition, taehyung took 4 days off from work to make sure the younger is okay.

they stayed at jungkook's, taehyung cooking for them, making sure jungkook is taking all his medications on time. he didn't allow the latter to move unless he wanted to use the bathroom.

"taehyung, i'm fine now. you gotta let me move." jungkook whined, moving his legs from side to side to show taehyung he's not hurting and his legs are just fine.

taehyung shook his head, "i know you're okay. it's just better if you rest a little more."

"okay no, first of all, can you stop reading stupid articles about major multiple trauma for a second and look at me?" jungkook said, making the older look up from his laptop and into his eyes.

jungkook nodded when the older did what he told him to do, "good. second of all, if i lay in this bed for one more hour i'm gonna cut my legs off taehyung." he threatened, looking directly at taehyung who sighed. "you," the latter said, pointing a finger in his direction, "are such a drama queen. stop whining and being so petty about it. i'd actually very much love it if i sat on that bed doing nothing while you do all the work."

jungkook began to move, almost standing up when he said, "okay sounds like a plan, let's switch places."
but taehyung was quick to come to his side, making him sit down again. "just one more day, please." taehyung whispered but jungkook shook his head, "you promised you wouldn't treat me differently." jungkook said, sadness laced in his voice as his eyes turned glossy.

"i'm not i just-" taehyung was cut off mid-sentence when jungkook spoke again. "listen tae, i hate this. you have no idea how many days and nights i laid in bed doing absolutely nothing because i'm literally unable to move. i had no one with me to entertain me and no one checked up on me except the nurses that were assigned to do that. i couldn't even use my phone because it made me dizzy. and i don't want that again." tears made their way down his cheeks as he spoke, making taehyung's heart ache and his tears fell down too.

taehyung shook his head, "i'm not treating you differently jungkook. i would never. if you think i pity you or i'm staying here with you out of pity, then you're absolutely wrong. i'm doing this because i care about you, because you matter the most to me, okay? and i'm not trying to make you relive what you went through at the hospital, but i need to make sure you're okay."

"i am okay."

taehyung nodded, "of course you are. i guess i'm just a little too worried. i'm sorry."

jungkook wiped his tears away before wiping taehyung's too. "dont apologize. you caring so much for me makes my heart so warm and i really appreciate it. just let me move around the apartment at least, and if i get tired i'll tell you in an instant i promise."

another nod from taehyung, "jungkook?" he said, voice so low because jungkook just rested his forehead against taehyung's. the younger hummed in acknowledgment, "you're not alone anymore, and if you ever feel like talking about your feelings, or if you feel.. you know- uhm i'm trying to say you can always talk to me. i'm a very good listener."

jungkook smiled, pecking taehyung's lips before pulling away a little. "i know. you're the best listener ever. and i don't want you worry about me. i'm not dying, at least i don't want to die, you know."

"i'm so fucking proud of you." taehyung said, putting his hand right where jungkook's tattoos were, rubbing over the skin there gently, "i'm so glad you're alive, so so glad." jungkook kissed him again, "me too. i'm glad i'm alive." and they kissed again.