~1~

On this day three years ago, the first chapter of My Best Friend's a Ghost was published. Now, a new story begins. Welcome everyone, to Close the Circle (Find Your Path)!

(Psst. If someone wants to make a better cover for this story, I won't stop you. I know this one kinda sucks. I'm not an artist so I had to use the free Wattpad cover maker)

Some things before we begin:

-This is the sequel to My Best Friend's a Ghost. If you haven't read that first, PLEASE READ IT BEFORE STARTING CLOSE THE CIRCLE

-This story is an AU! I know, the first book was one too, but I'm pulling out all the stops on this one. There will be themes, ideas, and characters from both Season 5 and the Day of the Departed special, but I'm NOT following canon! Canon is out the window y'all. You're in my realm now. *cackles*

-This story is rated T for teen. Since this revolves around ghosts and things, there will be lots of mentions of death. The ninja (mostly Kai and Morro) curse, so if strong language isn't your thing, be careful. (I'm not bleeping out the f-word like I did in My Best Friend's a Ghost). You have been warned.

Ok, I thiiiiink that's everything. So sit back, grab a snack, and read! Hope y'all enjoy!

~~~~~~~

Cole could honestly say that he had weird feelings about autumn.

Now don't get him wrong; there were several things to enjoy about fall. He loved seeing the leaves change color before falling in dazzling showers. He also loved all of the sweet treats that came with the season—apple pies were always a staple, and nothing could beat Zane's pumpkin spice muffins on a chilly October day. And of course, fall brought holidays with the goal of bringing together friends and family to celebrate.

But it was one of these holidays that was giving Cole pause.

In four days time, it would be Day of the Departed.

It would also be the anniversary of when Cole's life changed.

Coel sighed and rubbed at his forehead. His scar—gently glowing its signature radioactive green—had begun to ache a few days ago, as if it could sense the coming holiday of the dead. It was slight enough to not really hurt, but enough to generally annoy. If Cole wasn't so used to it, he'd probably be grumbling about it constantly.

Still, in his mind, he couldn't help but think, I kinda hate Day of the Departed....

Close to him, Kai let out a quiet curse. "Spinjitzu damnit," the red ninja grumbled, opening and closing his left hand a few times. "I'd really like it if my palm would quit going numb every five fucking seconds..."

Despite himself, Cole laughed. At least I'm not alone in this anymore...

"Language, Kai," the black ninja scolded his teammate. "And... maybe it'll get better if you put some heat or ice on it?"

Kai's eyes lit up. "Why didn't I think about that sooner?!" Concentrating, the red ninja sighed as his hand burst into carefully controlled flames. "Ahhhhh, that feels sooo much better. Thanks, Brookstone!"

"Heh, no problem Kai."

At that moment, Jay sprinted up to them. "Guys, are you done putting up the decorations yet?" he asked, practically vibrating with excitement. "Nya says we're less than 20 minutes away from Sensei Garmadon's school and the Bounty has to look perfect—er, Kai? Why's your hand on fire?"

"Pain relief," Kai replied, extinguishing his fire. "For, y'know." he clicked his tongue while gesturing vaguely towards his forehead.

Cole punched him in the shoulder for that.