~3~

Hiya! Sorry for the long time without an update. Life happened, college has been taking up most of my focus (though I managed to finish out my fall semester strong!), and I keep getting distracted by other ideas (for this story and others). But here's Chapter 3!

Enjoy!

~~~~

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Everyone screamed as they beheld the monstrous figure looming over them. Jay and Nya clung to each other in terror. Kai pushed the two of them behind himself, dropping into a very shaky fighting stance, the flame in his hand flickering wildly. Cole had dropped to the floor, covering his head and quaking, muttering frantically in Spanish. Lloyd was cowering behind Zane, while the nindroid seemed to be as frozen as his element.

Morro was nowhere to be seen, but Cole peeked through his arms and thought he saw a hint of green from behind Kai.

The Oni made no further moves, just stood there, looming over the terrified ninja...before its shoulders began to shake. A familiar chuckle filled the air before the Oni reached up, pulled off its hood—revealing silvery-gray hairand pushed back its mask, revealing a familiar face.

"Boo," Sensei Garmadon said, a mischievous smile on his face.

The group let out a collective sigh. "Dad," Lloyd gasped, clutching at his chest. "Holy crap, that was—"

"WHAT THE EVER-LOVING FUCK, GARMADAD!" Morro shrieked, floating up so he could point an accusing finger at the disguised sensei. "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?!"

Garmadon's smile grew a little wider. "Well, it is nearly Day of the Departed," he replied. "I thought I would follow my son's lead and play a few tricks."

Nya huffed, letting go of her death grip on Jay. "Well, you definitely mastered that. That was a good scare!"

"Indeed," Zane agreed, letting out a slow breath. "I feel as though I experienced the nindroid equivalent to a heart attack."

"Seconded," Cole said, uncurling so he could sit down, a hand over his heart. "Er, well, minus the nindroid bit. Díos mío, my heart's still racing..."

"You managed to scare Morro, Dad!" Lloyd exclaimed. "That's awesome!"

"NO THE FUCK IT'S NOT!" A pause. "AND I WAS NOT FUCKING SCARED!"

"Then why are you screaming?" Jay asked, still a little pale but starting to smile.

"I'M YELLING AND IT'S BECAUSE I'M FUCKING FURIOUS!"

"I'm pretty sure I heard you scream along with everyone else," Kai said, starting to smirk. "Also, you were absolutely hiding behind me."

"I did see something green..." Cole added quietly.

Morro's face turned a dark shade of green. "I-I-I-FUCK YOU ALL! AND MEGA FUCK YOU, GARMADAD!"

Everyone had a little laugh at that, further embarrassing the ghost and making his face darken further.

"Was this why you asked us to come to you, Sensei Garmadon?" Zane asked once it was relatively quiet again.

"Well, in part," Sensei Garmadon admitted. "But I did truly want some help. Or, well, I specifically wanted young Morro's assistance."

"After that fucking display? Go to hell," Morro snarled, crossing his arms and turning his back on Garmadon.

"Aw c'mon, Morro," Kai said, reaching up to (gently) punch the ghost in the arm. "You gotta admit he got us good!"

Morro became intangible, making the red ninja's punch phase right through him. "I admit nothing," the ghost growled, looking murderous.