Paleontologist x Male! Reader

Requested by: WynterHall5

----

I'm running out of titles

----

     You are a scientist at a digsite with your zombie paleontologist friend. You and him were there to find ancient skeletons and artifacts for a local museum. When Zomboss wasn't ordering zombies to go to war, the two of you would spend some free time volunteering at the museum.
     Currently, you were identifying a bone Paleontologist had dug up, calculating the dimensions and measurements. "Hey," you said, getting his attention. "Seems like you found a femur. It seems to belong to a feline of sorts. Can you see if there's more that might belong to it?" He nodded, digging away at the area surrounding where he found the femur.
     You quietly sighed to yourself, glancing at Paleontologist. You admired what he did. You admired how passionate he was in what he did. You thought back to when he would ramble on about his discoveries and how his eyes seemed to sparkle. The two of you only knew each other for three months, and you had fallen for the zombie. You knew it was probably too soon, but that didn't stop your feelings from developing.
You snapped back to reality when Paleontologist walked over to you, holding a set of bones and a skull. "I think I got everything," he said, carefully placing it down on the work table. The two of you started to assemble the bones together, the excitement of figuring out what the bones belonged to filling the air.

     "It's a pterodactyl!" Paleontologist cheerfully said, admiring the work the two of you did together. "Thanks for the help!"
You felt a blush on your cheeks, smiling sheepishly. "Hehe, it's no problem. I'm just glad to help you out," you admitted. "I like the time spent with you and doing this with you."
"Aww, thanks! That's so sweet of you!" He brought you into a hug, the blush on your face growing worse.
"O-oh! N-no problem!" You giggled shyly.

     You were driving back to Zomboss HQ, the pterodactyl bones safely tucked away in the back. Paleontologist sat next to you in the passenger seat, looking out the window. "Thanks for agreeing to help me today," he said, staring at the starry night sky.
"No problem! It was really great to have the opportunity to work with you." You let out a content sigh. "I honestly don't mind doing anything as long as it means helping you out."
"That's what I love about you," Paleontologist said, turning to look at you with a smile.
"And I love you," you suddenly said, then awkward silence.

....

After what felt like hours of silence, Paleontologist finally said, "I love you too."

The remainder of the drive was filled with comfortable silence.