Chapter 11

The whole afternoon, Edward did not return. Bella wanted to worry that he was going to suddenly run away but Alice had assured her that he wasn't going anywhere. She had been keeping an eye on his decisions, the moment that he left and nothing has changed.

It was already twilight and Bella wanted to go out in the porch to enjoy the night breeze but the coldness and her human body was keeping her inside so she made do by leaning behind the large windowsill facing the porch with a warm mug in hand while looking out into the growing darkness.

Now that everyone already knows who she is, it was hard not to get compared with 'their' Bella although there was nothing negative about it. They just noticed how outspoken and how she carried herself much confidently compared to the timid and shy Bella that they knew.

She had to remind them that during this point in her life, that was exactly how she was and that has always been a trait of 'Isabella Swan' but after becoming a vampire, marrying a vampire and becoming a vampire 'bodyguard', all in that order, she was bound to shed all that shyness and insecurities away. Not to mention, their age difference. If this Bella would remain human in the next few years; they'll eventually be able to see her grow to be the woman that she is now.

She took a sip of her coffee and savored the bitter taste in her mouth when Rosalie went to stand beside her with her back to the window and leaned into it.

Bella kept her eye on the view outside but she was well aware of the vampire beside her.

"What's it like?" Rosalie finally spoke, not willing to face Bella.

Rosalie did not have to elaborate because Bella knew exactly what she was asking about.

"To be human again?"

The vampire gave a slight nod.

"It's a weird feeling... just when I was already getting used to the vampire life, I get thrown back to a human body...

When I felt my heart beating again after a long time, I didn't realize how much I missed the feeling of being truly alive... in the most literal sense"

"It's been so long... I don't remember what it feels to be human anymore." Rosalie sighed.

Bella finally turned to look at her and she could see the wistfulness in the vampire's features. Among the family, Rosalie was the one that craved humanity the most but it was Bella instead who was able to get the opportunity.

There was nothing she could do about the situation except to share her experience about the chance she was given to be human again.

"It was awkward at first. I got used to not having to worry about my bodily functions that it would come as a surprise when I would suddenly feel the need to go to the bathroom, or get hungry, or needing to drink, or to sleep! That's the thing that I miss the most" Bella closed her eyes and hummed in contentment while she took another drink.

"There's that sense of relief you know? Of being able to finally close your eyes and forget all your worries for the day and just... sleep and dream..."

"Do you regret it, then? Losing all of those? Becoming one of us?" Rosalie looked her in the eye.

"Never" She answered without skipping a beat.

"I'm thankful for the opportunity to experience my humanity all over again. I know this is literally a one-shot, one-time experience but that's it. Once all of this is over, I'm going back to my future, my body, my family, my mate and I would continue to live the rest of my existence, the best way I can." She said in a determined voice.