Good News || 15

pacing back and forth in front of the bathroom, time weighed on jimin's shoulder like a big rock. his eyes roamed all around the room, finding no place to stare at that would calm his heart down a bit, this was harder than aera's result day. he breathed deeply, chewing on his lower lip while his arms were crossed on his chest.

"haewon-ah?" his voice called, "how long?"

the door opened, almost making his heart jump out of his chest as his wife stood there, staring back at him with an unreadable face that sent a cold shiver down jimin's spine. he gulped nervously, taking a step closer to her and followed her lowering gaze, stopping on the small object in her hand.

"it's positive..." she whispered, giving it to him and blinked a few times, "jimin it's..."

"jesus! oh my god! i can't beleive this! haewon, baby you... you're the best! you're amazing! gosh, i love you so much!" he recited in one breath, taking her in his embrace and hugged her tightly, kissing all over her face, making her chuckle.

"i love you" she whispered back, wrapping her arms around his neck, as jimin's one hand rested on her waist and one cupping her face, pressing a sweet kiss on her lips.

"i love you, i love you, i love you," he breathed out, looking down at her with teary eyes, "you'll be a mom and i... i'll be a dad, like- oh my god ,i might just die right now."

"ah don't die just yet, i don't even know what to do with this." she joked, pointing at her stomach.

jimin chuckled, shaking his head, "i won't leave just like that, especially when my love's bearing such a wonderful present for us."

"hmm wow, mr jeon, that was good." haewon chuckled.

"obviously, that's why we're having a baby soon, darling." he smirked, making the wife blush as he leaned down, kissing her again.

__

present day

"just sit, i'll do the cooking." jimin says again, sighing as his wife wasn't listening and continued working despite him telling her that he'll handle it and the boys and aera love his cooking skills too.

"it's fine jimin! i can work!" haewon gasps, clutching on the spatula as the husband carries her in his arms, shaking his head and takes her over to the couch.

"i don't want you getting tired, love. just sit here and watch me."

"alright, fine." she sighs, "but just so you know, women work during pregnancy too and that's totally okay."

"their families should put more effort then." he states, earning a smile from haewon, "and till the day i'm living and breathing, you don't have to worry about anything. i'll be at your service ma'am."

haewon laughs at him, shaking her head as she shifts a little and lays on the couch, watching jimin smiling at her as he cooks aera and the boys' favourite snacks. after a month of discussion, research and consultation from the doctor and a little from the web, they had finally decided to break the news to the boys and aera now.

it was ten past four, when the door bell rang, sending an instant smile to the couple's faces. jimin wipes his hands, arranging everything properly and walks over to haewon first, pecking her lips once, before taking the door.

"hey jimin!" taehyung grins widely, slamming his body against his friend's, capturing him a bone-crushing bear hug.

"hey, come in." jimin smiles, stepping aside as they greet him and haewon who is standing nearby. "wait aera's missing- and someone else is missing too... jin hyung, hobi hyung- yoongi hyung! where is he?"