Shot 5

"Sathvik!! Mr Harsh Bhosale is here," Saumya informed as she came into his cabin.

"Send him in," Sathvik ordered.

Harsh Bhosale walked in looking all tensed and worried, which managed to worry Sathvik too.

"Harsh uncle? Everything okay?" Sathvik couldn't hide the worry that laced his voice.

"Nothing is okay, Sathvik. Rajveer's family had gone to the court with the appeal for custody. Things are getting out of hand." Harsh said with an exasperated sigh.

"What are the chances of them winning the case Harsh?" Sathvik asked tiredly. Priyanka had managed to get herself tangled in such a family and now her daughter is suffering for that one wrong decision she made in her life.

Things would have been much much better if Priyanka hadn't met Rajveer. She might still be alive, happy with someone deserving of her.

"Usually in cases of sudden death of the parents, the custody goes to the grandparents. Paternal side will be given priority." Harsh said helplessly.

"Why? Why the parental side?" Sathvik asked with a frown, not liking what Harsh just said.

"That's the law, Sathvik. And since Rajveer's brother is already married with a family of his own, he will be getting priority over you." Harsh added, much to Sathvik's annoyance.

"That's total rubbish. All they need is money. They wouldn't love or care for Muskaan like I do." Sathvik gritted out in fury.

"We don't have proof of that, Sathvik. And moreover you do not have any blood ties with the child. Priyanka is your step sister, not even your half sister. That's another point in their advantage." Harsh said helplessly.

"But Priyanka was my sister. She was my own." Sathvik said helplessly.

"In the eyes of the law, she was your step sister, Sathvik. No blood relation. Our only relief is Priyanka's will. But court would consider the future of the baby, which would always be

better with a mother in her life." Harsh said.

"What am I supposed to do now? Is there no other solution?" Sathvik asked, pressing his temple with his fingers, feeling the onset of a migraine.

"That social worker you met the day you got Muskaan. She called me half an hour ago informing me that she is on the way here. Rajveer's mother informed her that you never visited Muskaan after she was born. I came here in a hurry to get to you before she does. It would be better if you are prepared." Harsh said and it only worried Sathvik more.

"What am I supposed to do now? I am not going to give up on Muskaan. Not ever." Sathvik declared determinedly.

"Our side of the case could have gotten stronger if you were married, Sathvik." Harsh said softly.

Sathvik gritted his teeth in annoyance.

Saumya poked her head in from behind the door after a soft knock.

"Sathvik, one Mrs Iyer is here to see you." Saumya said.

Sathvik panicked at that.

"She is here," Sathvik mumbled in worry.

"Just tell her you are engaged, Sathvik. We will find a solution soon." Harsh said in a hurry.

"What rubbish? How am I to find a bride out of nowhere?" Sathvik asked in disbelief.

His legal advisor is giving him stupid advice.

"I talked to Charan. It's time for you to get married anyway. We will find a suitable bride for you. Meanwhile, keep up the ruse that you are engaged, Sathvik." Harsh said.

His father is also in on this stupid plan?

"Why should I lie? This is rubbish." Sathvik asked in dislike. He didn't like the idea that Harsh came up with.

"Sathvik, be practical. That woman is very strict. In a second she can take Muskaan from you and hand her over to Rajveer's family. Do you want that to happen, Sathvik? We have to play carefully until the final court decision. Until then Mrs Iyer holds the reins regarding Muskaan." Harsh said, much to Sathvik's annoyance.

"Fine, fine. Saumya, let her in." Sathvik said, after taking deep breaths.

Mrs Sudiksha Iyer, a woman in mid fifties, walked in.

Pleasantries were exchanged and Mrs Iyer dived into the matter of concern, without beating around the bush.

"Is it true that your family had disowned Priyanka after her marriage, Mr Acharya?" Mrs Iyer asked, pushing her thick framed glasses up her nose.

"Yeah," Sathvik said truthfully. There is no point in lying when she already knows the truth.

"And you haven't visited her once since Muskaan was born?" Mrs Iyer asked again.

Sathvik took deep breaths and answered her calmly.

"No. My family was really hurt by her decision, Mrs Iyer." As much truth he can say, the better.

"I heard that your parents are not at home. You are alone managing the baby. Is that right, Mr Acharya?" Mrs Iyer asked.

"My mother is a little depressed with Priyanka's sudden demise. I thought it would be better if she stayed away for a while." Sathvik said honestly.

"You are caring for Muskaan single handedly? Or did you already hand her over to workers at home? A nanny perhaps?" Mrs Iyer asked, raising her eyebrows in attitude.

"Oh no!! No nanny. My fiance has been a great help in the last week." Sathvik said and Mrs Iyer looked at him in surprise.

"You are engaged?" Mrs Iyer asked. This wasn't what she had heard of him.

"Oh yeah," Sathvik said with a bright smile.

"I didn't knew," Mrs Iyer mumbled.

"Oh. It was a private event. We just got engaged a few days before we lost Priyanka. And we couldn't get around to making an official announcement with Priyanka's sudden demise." Sathvik said with a nervous chuckle.

"And where is your fiancee? I would like to meet her. Preferably today." Mrs Iyer said.

"Today?" Sathvik asked in horror.

"Yes. I would like to be sure about the facts, Mr Acharya." Mrs Iyer said firmly.

At that moment, Devangana pushed open the door with a giggling Muskaan in her arms and Sathvik's smile brightened at that sight.

"Darling!! Come meet, Mrs Iyer." Sathvik drawled, startling Devangana and Harsh at the same time.

A/n

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️