SHOT 20

"Good morning, Harsh uncle," Sathvik greeted the legal advisor as soon as the man entered his cabin.

"Morning, Sathvik. How's married life?" Harsh asked.

"Good. Devangana is wonderful," Sathvik said with a smile.

"Good to know. I was a bit worried about your impulsive decision," Harsh said.

"Honestly, Harsh uncle? One of the best decisions I made in my life," Sathvik admitted, making the older man smile.

"How is Muskaan?" Harsh asked, and Sathvik sighed.

"She is happy. The frequency with which she asked for her momma reduced considerably. It is quite bittersweet. We are glad that she is at an age where she can move on without much grief. And yet, it is quite disheartening to think that she will grow up without knowing her mother," Sathvik said morosely.

"That's the rule of mankind, Sathvik. Life has to go on, no matter what," Harsh said, making Sathvik let out a sad sigh, remembering his sister.

"Harsh uncle, what was it that you wanted to talk about yesterday?" Sathvik asked, getting to the point.

"Mrs. Iyer had submitted the report in favour of you, Sathvik," Harsh said.

"Wow, that's good news."

"Yeah, it is. But Rajveer's mother had appealed at the court, stating that she has more rights over her granddaughter," Harsh said.

"What the f*ck? Her appeal will be rejected, won't it?" Sathvik asked.

"You know that woman? She is very manipulative. I think we should arrange an unofficial meeting with the lady," Harsh said.

"She has been hounding me for a while. My security team managed to keep her at bay," Sathvik said.

"She is the one instigating her son too. Raghuveer is not very keen on his mother's plans. That woman is so damn greedy," Harsh said with disgust.

The next few hours passed with meetings after meetings, and Sathvik came back to his cabin all tired.

"Sathvik, shall I order lunch for you?" Soumya asked.

"No, thank you, Soumya. You can take your break now," Sathvik said, and Soumya left.

Sathvik dialled Devangana's number, who picked up the call on the second ring.

"Sathvik ji? Are your meetings over?" Devangana asked.

"Yes, and I am very hungry. I can eat an elephant now," Sathvik said tiredly.

"I will be there in half an hour, Sathvik ji," Devangana said and hung up the call.

True to her words, she was in Sathvik's cabin within half an hour.

"Muskaan was having her afternoon nap, so I didn't bring her," Devangana said as she set the carry bag on the tea table in front of the small couch in Sathvik's cabin.

"That's nice. I get to spend time with my wife," Sathvik said as he sat on the couch.

Devangana served lunch for both of them.

They enjoyed their lunch, having small conversations about random things.

"So, what was that important talk Harsh uncle wanted to have?" Devangana asked.

"About Muskaan. Mrs. Iyer submitted her report in favour of us," Sathvik said and proceeded to let Devangana know about the rest of the things Harsh told him.

Devangana was silent for a moment, and then she looked at Sathvik.

"Could it be possible that the woman is genuinely missing her granddaughter? She too lost her son," Devangana said hesitantly.