02 | the creep and the femme fatale

___

___

hum to bane hi the tabah hone ke liye

aapka milna to bus ek bahana tha

___

Mustafa felt like a creep.

The woman in front of him made him feel like one. He couldn't help as he stared at her unconscious frame, stupified. He apprehended with bated breathes as to how her luscious inky midnight tresses were limited within the confines of her velvet scrunchie, while her hooded lashes kissed her flushed cheeks, specks of grime were girdling parts of her dewy erubescent  lips and lower jaw with much insolence.

For a moment Mustafa forgot about all his predicaments as his feet fortuitously began nudging in her direction and before he knew he was kneeling down before the femme fatale. His heart felt like it was slowing down conspicuously just like the rest of his surroundings.

His fingers curled up and moved towards her face but suddenly a bolt from the blue hit his entire existence as a sombre part inside him, somewhere, screamed. You are going to get married in less than a hour, you harami!

With a jerk Mustafa moved back, horrified as he realised what he was going to do. Suddenly his eyes went to the shattered vase that lay on the ground on top of which lay the siren like Beauty who had barged in his room. Mind even.

A pool of sanguine crimson liquid was drawing up right beneath her, Mustafa's eyes widened as he saw how her lacerated arm was the cause behind this blood bath on his hotel room floor.

What he should have morally done was give aid to the wounded damsel, but the sombre part in him once again took dominance and did what was prerogative. He took a water bottle and emptied all of its contents on her.

The woman snapped awake like fish out of water, ironically, struggling to breathe.
"What the fuck?!" She howled out heavily before wincing as she realised her liability. Her bleeding arm.

Mustafa bit down at his lower lip as his mouth spread into a straight line.
"Who are you?"

"I am a thief. I am here to steal your heart." She deadpanned, running her injury-free hand over her dripping drenched face.

Mustafa looked at her as if she was an extraterrestrial being, who was here only to cause ruination. He also realised that she didn't seem like she was one of the guests who were here to attend the wedding, she was dressed in the most casual attire he had seen in seemingly forever. Jeans and T-shirt.

"Why are you here?" Mustafa managed to question, as he eyed her soaking wet form. He felt a tad bit guilty for dumping the whole bottle on her but, she seemed like so much trouble and made his heart go weird and he definitely hadn't signed up for any of it.