03 | the mustafabaya and the improviser

____

____

apne kidaar par daal ke pardah
har shaks keh raha hai zamana khraab hai
____

The night rode in on a horse of pure midnight velvet, beckoned by the stars under the glow of a full moon. There was a cacophony of resound coming from inside the grandeur hotel building that was decorated with an assortment of hueful lights for the entanglement of two of the most powerful families in the city.

In the courtyard a man stood with a lit cigarette in his mouth, drawing in ample gusts of the pernicious smoke, he closed his eyes in appeasing tranquility before letting out a zephyr of the smoke that was burning his lungs, but provided him with temporary solace.

"Farris Bhai? We have a problem." A young man, sporting in all black, who looked like he was in his early twenties called out walking towards him.

"Tu kabhi khushkhabari lekar aata hai?" The man, Farris Hamdani, puffed out another ring of the virulent vapour into the smog of the city night.

Humza, bit down on his lips nervously as he eyed his boss. He was Farris's, personal assistant, it definitely wasn't his dream job nor did Farris make attempts to make it seems like a piece of cake but his loyalty to the vulpine man mandated him to stay.

"There are rumours flying across the city that some important papers from Chaudary's warehouse have been stolen." He said, coming directly to the point not wanting to shudder to under the hawk's gaze.

"Sarfaraz Chaudhary?" Farris questioned pensively as he balanced the cigarette in between his middle and ring finger.

Humza nodded attentively, as he pulled his phone out from his leather jacket and swiped across quickly before showing a picture to him.
"This is the picture we found from a security camera that was near Chaudary's warehouse."

A derision smile took over Farris's face as he eyed the almost familiar woman in the picture. Farris was in search of her from the past six months and everytime she managed to slip right under his jurisdiction. Farris was almost certain she was being backed up by some mammoth organisation who were trying to obtain susceptible information from criminal proceed syndicates funded by politicians.

"It's her, again, sir."

"Of course, it is. Is baar badaa panja maara hai ladki ne, kaise bachegi ye ab." Farris muttered as he toyed with the toxic stick in her hand.

"You know what this means, sir...." Humza began nervously but, suddenly a man came running from inside the hotel, frantically almost.
"Saab! Aapko Bade Hamdani Saab jaldi bula rahe hai."

Farris shared a look with Humza who was already gulping. Dismissing the man who had come bearing the information, Farris crushed the cigarette under his toe.
"Iss buddhe ko itni jaldi kaise pata chala?"