THE DWARF BATTLE

The pile skin had been ripped, leaving only a glimpse of an agonized face. Halima breathing came out in Panicked rasps and for a moment her legs trembled.

Keep moving, boy! Othman scold. Let the death worry about the dead, or you both shall join them.

Sadiq reached forward and pulled our a short blade impala in a bloody chest, then grabbed Halima arm and urged her forward. Stunned, she followed, her legs stuff with fear.

"Do you want to die, Halima" sadiq shouted. This seemed to snap her out of her daze and she resume running towards the streams.
Sadiq's minds race almost as fast as his hearts

The masqute are assasins, boy. If they are killing Avatarians, then it is because they have been paid to do so. Unless you want to personally met and ask one of them, I suggest you focus on running, baboon.

From the darkness ahead, an dwarf bounced towards them brandishing a blade, his short legs and wide feet pounding the earth with each step. Sadiq could feel the rage emanating from him and, for a moment, was afraid he might mistake them for enemies. The dwarf broke his run, stopping before them with his chest rising and falling asleep he breathed.

"Why are you still linger?" The dwarf stood, not taller than Sadie waist though he was more than ten harvest older. "Why are you going this way"

"We are running to the streams," Sadiq answered.

"The stream? There Is no safety there. The safest place is in the deep caves under the hill. Now run!"

The dwarf had barely finished speaking when a dark shape suddenly appear beside them. The dwarf's reflexes were fast, faster than Sadie imagine possible from such a short man. A sudden clash of metal ranger through the air as two blade met; one clean and gleaming, other red and dripping with fresh blood.

Sadiq stare at the figure before them, skin black as night with red paintings that form patterns all over its body. The pattern were like nothing he had ever seen and they seemed to flea like the blood dripping from the blade.
Sadiq looked up at his face, skull-like head and two pitiless eyes stared back, their pupils, large and grim, the face of death. It was difficult to tell whether it was male or female, its limbs were slender a wiry enough to be mistaken for either, and the wrapping about its chest gave nothing away.

The masqute lunch itself at the Dwarf. Clang! Clang! Clang! It struck with force that Sadiq did not find it hard to imagine a person being sheard in half by a single strike. The dwarf barely kept up with the speed with which the masqute attacked, parrying and blocking more than he attacked. For a moment that seemed to stretch longer than a season, Sadiq and Halima watched the exchange, terrified and transfixed.

"Run, you foolish children," the dwarf shouted as he avoided a blow long enough to notice them. "Go to the caves. Go now!"

Yes, run you baboon, but not to the caves. Nothing but death awaiting you there. Othman's voice filled his head.

Sadiq fumbled for Halima arm and dragged her away, breaking through a clump of low shrubs that covered that side of the hill.

"Sadiq, he said the caves." Halima said between gasps. "Why are we still going this way"

"Trust me, Halima, We must go this way"

"Are you sure, it's not that I do not trust you but how can I take the word of Aljani? All Aljanu are devious, you know that."

Sadiq winced. She had called him Aljani. True, that was what he was, a baseball of dark spirit, but being called that by Halima saddens him.

"Yes, but Aljani will do anything to preserve its host. Keep running, Halima."

"Sadiq, I'm not sure ab..."

A loud scream came from behind them, a scream brought abruptly to a halt. Sadiq had the sudden image of a severe head flash through his mind. There was no doubt the scream had come from the dwarf they had just left behind. Sadiq's heart beat even faster and louder. Halimd yanked her arm away from his grip and staggered a few steps back.

"I can't ho with you, Sadiq." She stood hugging herself and trembling as fresh tears stained her face.

Abubakar Datti Mahmud 😍