[5] ~ get out while you can

EJ's PoV ~
We were all in the furnace thing, with the exception of Jeff. Slendy was crunched up in the back closest to the exit, which Jeff says would lead right to certain death. It's been like 12 hours. He's brought water and a few snacks, but never updated us on the situation. Just as I was about to suggest leaving, the door opened and Jeff looked at us from the other side.
"You should be able to leave without running into anyone now, but you need to be quick. Zalgo's coming down to interrogate you guys, and he'll be kissed when he sees you're not there." Just as he finished the sentence, I heard a roar from down the long hallway behind him.
"Go go go!" He was about to close the door when I reached out to him and caught his hand.
"What about you? Aren't you coming with?" He looked at me confused.
"Really? Like fuck you want me there now. Plus, someone needs to stay back and hold 'im off," he said, scoffing. Did he really think we didn't want him? There was no time to ask him cuz he slammed the door shut and I heard Jeff running back down the hall. I sat there for a second, until I heard screams, banging and growling. Sally tugged on my sleeve to get me going as the sounds of Jeff fighting off Zalgo continued. I crawled behind her to the exit, and the I was finally free of that dirty, claustrophobic smelly chute. I took in a big breath, and was immediately in danger as a knife came sailing past me, nicking my arm. We ran into the woods, and I took one last look at the castle before following the others. As soon as we were out of the barrier, Slendies tentacles wrapped around all of us and we teleported. BEN Toby and a few others including me fall upon impact with the ground. I was on the verge of crying. Jeff was fighting Zalgo alone, for us. He wasn't evil, he wasn't like the other demons. And all he ever got in the end was the idea that we all hated him to hell and back. And to hell again. I remembered how he looked sad before he closed to door. Like he didn't want to stay, like he wanted to come with us. Like he was scared.

Time skip ~ a week 1/2 later • EJ's PoV ~

I was pacing in the main lounge, everyone watching me. Except Jeff. We were all thinking it: we need Jeff back. It was t the same without his sarcastic humor and kindness towards the kids. I can imagine him saying "god, tryna bore your way to China with your feet? Stay still before Slendy grounds you for damaging the floor" with a scoff. I miss him. As I was about to state the obvious, the front doors slammed open.
"Where's Jeffrey Woods?!" A tall man in a striped green and black scarf and dark leather jacket. Scars covered his face.
"Who are you?" Slendy pointed his tentacles at the intruder and his huge mouth opened and his teeth looked sharp as ever.
"My names Liu, im looking for Jeffrey Woods. Sorry for scuffing the door. I was being dramatic," what?
"Why do you want Jeff?" I asked, grabbing my scalpel in my hoodie pocket.
"I need to talk to him," Liu answered calmly, closing the doors behind him. "Can I stay for a while? Until he's here." I didn't know what to say. Could we trust him? It didn't really matter anymore. Jeff could be dead for all we know. Might as well.
"He's in Zalgo's castle. You know what tha-"
"DAMMIT JEFFREY I WILL END YOU!" He yelled in frustration. "Ima go get him," he finished. Wait. He had the same slight southern accent as Jeff. Is it possible that they were related? No, Jeff's hair is black and his eyes were brown. It's plausible, but very unlikely. Also their personality's were completely different. Jeff had short bursts of calm while Liu had short bursts of anger.
"But how will we get him?" Sally and Lazari came up to Slendy, who was still tense as Liu sat on the floor by the couch.
"I'll come up with a pl-"
"Sneak in, take Zalgo by surprise, free Jeff and get out," Liu said nonchalantly like we weren't plotting breaking and entering into a fully fledged cASTLE run by a man who could rival Satan himself. This is gonna be fun.
"Hey, dude?" BEN asked Liu. "How do you know Jeff?"
"It's a long story, I'll tell you when we get him back," he answered. Things were going into motion a day later. I would help silently subdue the guard with Slendy and Jane while Liu, BEN and LJ snuck in and waited for us. Toby, Masky and Hoodie stood guard and warned us if anyone was coming over the radio. A minute later we meet back up in the entrance hall. This place was HUGE. Actually, huge is an understatement. We eventually made it to a big pit with a staircase going down. It was so deep we could t see the bottom (have y'all's ever watched Disenchantment, Season 2, episode 1-2? At the end of episode one (spoilers), Bean goes with Luci into hell to find their friend Elfo, and the stairway down is this huge pit (with no banisters) down, and the stair are hugging the walls IYKYK, back to the story). So we started the climb down.

I'm so tirreeddddd ughhhhh. Ima start my period soon and I'm already cramping every so often, I'm having trouble hearing out of my left ear and 3 of my cats had babies so I'm a lil stressed! *eye twitches* so sry that this came out super late but frankly. Idgaf. Deal w it. Sry for the attitude. Chao.