Chapter 1: First Day

*This story is a collaboration with @LeonaMherize. The story will also be available on her profile, too. Make sure to check out all her other stories and my other stories. I hope you enjoy this story as much as I enjoyed writing it.* 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      It was Sofia's first day of high school. She really wanted to make a first good impression of herself. She was getting ready in her room while talking to Clover, Mia, and Robin. 

Sofia's POV

I was in my room getting ready for school. I let my hair down so I wouldn't look too serious on my first day. After getting ready, I went downstairs for breakfast. When I reached the dining hall, James and Amber were already there but Mom and Dad were nowhere to be seen. "Where are Mom and Dad?" I asked Amber. "They're still asleep. They were really busy working last night," Amber replied. After breakfast, we went to the flying coach and were on our way to Royal High Academy. 

After arriving at school, I went to my classes with the help of Amber and James, of course. After a few classes was lunchtime. I took my tray of food and was looking for a place to sit. I saw both Amber and James were waving me over while glaring at each other. I decided to sit with James because I don't like the things Amber likes. I sat beside James and we started talking while eating. Soon after, James's friends sat with us.

James started to sit a bit closer to me. I think he's being protective of me. "Who is this, James?" one of his friends asked. "Sofia meet Zandar, Demond, Axel, and Hugo. Guys this is Sofia, my new stepsister," James said. I just smiled at them because I was a bit nervous. "Sofia, what do you like to do?" Desmond asked me. "I like reading, playing with James, and sports," I replied to him. "What type of sports?" Axel asked.

"She likes dazzleball, ice skating, and flying derby," James replied for me. "A girl doing flying derby. That's impressive," Zandar said. I talked to the boys for a while and became friends with them. "I have to get to class but I and James have different classes now," I said. "Well, what class do you have? Maybe one of us can take you there," Desmond suggested. "I have Miss Flora's Maths Class," I said. "Me too," Hugo said.

Hugo's POV

I offered to help Sofia get to class. We both were talking in the hallway until somebody came towards us. It was Amber, Clio, and Hildegard. "Sofia, why didn't you sit with us during lunch?" Amber asked her. "I like doing the things James do," Sofia replied. "But he likes doing sports," Hildegard said. "I like doing sports," I said.

"Then, what are you doing with Hugo?" Clio asked. "I was showing Sofia where Miss Flora's class is," I replied. "I can show her where it is," Amber said. "I have the same class as her. It's over here, Sofia," I said. "Thank you," she said before walking into the class. "You became friends with the new girl, already?" Hildegard said. "Yes, she seems nice," I replied.