Chapter 2: Partners

Sofia's POV

Miss Flora entered the classroom 10 minutes late. "Good morning, students," Miss Flora said. "Good morning, Miss Flora," everyone said. "Students, today we will not be studying," Miss Flora announced. Everyone started cheering except me but was interrupted by Miss Flora. "But I will be assigning your study partner for the rest of the year," she said. 

Everybody groaned except me after hearing what she said. "The partners are Zandar and Hildegard, Sofia and Hugo," she said, and so on. At least I was partnered with someone I knew. After class, I met up with Hugo in the hallway. "Do you want to come over today to study?" I asked him. "Sure," he replied. After a few classes school was finally over.

I got into the carriage and waited for Amber and James. They came a few minutes later. We told each other about our day and I told them about the study partner thing. James and Amber were happy Hugo was coming over. After we reached the castle, I ran up to my room to finish all my homework for today.

I was playing with James, Rex, and Clover when I saw Hugo. "Hey, Hugo," I said walking over to him. "Hey. Do you want to start studying?" he asked. "Sure. I'll just tell James" I said. I walked over to James. "I have to go now," I said. "Okay," he replied. I went to the our library in palace and started searching for Maths books. 

Hugo's POV

After school, I went back home to see my older brother, Axel. Axel is in his last year of high school. "What are you doing?" I asked them. "I'm studying for a test," Axel replied. "Really? Sucks to be you," I said. "What about you?" he asked. "I'm going to see Sofia. We are going to be study partners the rest of the year," I replied. "Okay," he said.

After finishing my homework, I went over to the Enchancia palace. Sofia and I went to the library to search for Maths books. So far, we found six of them. Both of as started studying the books and taking notes for the ones we don't understand a lot. "Look what I found," Sofia said coming from behind a shelf. "That's a really big book," I said.

We started looking through it and found a lot of useful information. Sofia and I were taking down notes when our arms touched. I felt a jolt of electricity go through my body and I'm pretty sure she felt it, too. "Did you feel that?" I asked her. "Yeah. Just like electricity," she replied. "That was weird," we said together. We started laughing at how we said that sentence together.

We continued taking notes until it was time for me to go back. I said good bye to Sofia and went back home. Something weird happened when our arms touched. Maybe it was a conincidence that both of us felt that. I decided to ignore it and continued my day as normal. Whatever that was isn't that important. Or is it?

3rd Person POV

Sofia and Hugo went to sleep thinking about the whole situation that happened while they were studying. They both fell asleep dreaming about happy things. Sofia was dreaming about how wonderful it was when she became a princess. Hugo was dreaming of being a hero and protecting everyone.

The next day was a Friday, both of them decided to ignore the whole situation. When it was lunch time, Sofia sat with James and his friends again. They were talking about flying derby when Amber, Hildegard, and Clio walked over. "Sofia, we were just about to go decorate our fans. Do you want to come?" Amber asked. "No, thank you," Sofia replied. "Okay," Hildegard said.

When they left, Sofia continued talking to the boys. After lunch, Sofia and Hugo continued the rest of their day until after school. Sofia walked over to Hugo before he stepped into his coach. "I think we shouldn't study today," Sofia said. "I was thinking the same thing," Hugo said before entering his coach.

Sofia went into the flying coach. She started talking to James and Amber before they arrived home. She was having fun talking to them. When they arrived home, Sofia went to the library to finish her homework. After finishing, she decided to play with Clover. She was in the garden playing in the garden when Baileywick called her for dinner.

Roland's POV

The kids entered the dining hall, one by one. After all of them were seated, I cleared my throat to get their attention. They turned their heads to me looking a bit confused. We sat there in silence until Sofia soke up. "What is it, Dad?" she asked. "I wanted to tell you we are going to have guests over for dinner tomorrow," I said.

"Who are they?" Amber asked. "I'm glad you asked. It is the royal family of Welshire," I replied. "You mean Axel and Hugo are coming tomorrow?" James asked. "Yes, they are. Their parents, too," I replied. "Yes," James said. I just laughed at his reaction. All of us continued eating our dinner and went to bed.

Garrick's POV

Axel and Hugo entered the dining hall at the same time. They sat down and started eating. "Kids, I have something to tell you both," I said. "What is it, Dad?" Axel asked. "We are going to have dinner with the royal family of Enchancia tomorrow," I replied. "Really?" Hugo asked. "Yes, you get to see James," I said.

"And Sofia," Axel added. "Who is Sofia?" I asked. "She is James's stepsister," Hugo replied. "Oh, really. Well, I look forward to meeting Sofia,"  I said. "You should. She is not like regular princesses," Axel said. "How is she different?" I asked. "She is the first princess to do flying derby," Hugo replied. "Well, I look forward to the first princess that did flying derby," I said.

We continued eating dinner and chatted about some stuff. After dinner, everyone went to sleep and thinking about the wonderful day ahead. I wonder how different this Princess Sofia really is. I can't wait to meet her.

(Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Chapter 3 will come out next week. Make sure to vote for the story and follow me for more. Peace out.)

Edited 12/4/2022: I'm sorry, guys. Chapter 3 will not come out anytime soon. I can't tell you why but I hope to continue writing this story in the future.