Chapter 2: After the Fire

.

It has been a month since Kiritsugu took in two kids. Y/n and Shirou Emiya.

Shirou Emiya was a normal kid in Kiritsugu's eyes. Despite forgotten his past and having severe trauma of the fire. He was a normal and healthy kid.

Y/n Emiya on the other hand was an enigma to the magus killer. He expected Y/n to be suffering from the curse of that corrupted grail.

Kiritsugu saved Y/n and adopted him as to give him at least a good life before he died of the corrupted grail's curse.

But there wasn't a single sign of the curse. Y/n was fine. The was no sign of the curse effecting his health. And there was no sign of the curse laying dormant in Y/n.

This honestly didn't make sense to Kiritsugu but he shoved it aside as he should just be happy that Y/n can live a full life next to his adopted brother Shirou, unlike him, who has a limited time in the world.

But, he could shove aside the thoughts of the anomaly that is son, Y/n Emiya so easily.

The reason he couldn't shove aside the thoughts is because he had felt magic from Y/n. He has felt mana from Y/n since he found him in the fire and he felt the presence of mana from Y/n from time to time when he was around him.

It was honestly something he couldn't shake off. Y/n had magic in him...but he didn't have magic circuits in him.

This is what made Y/n an anomaly in Kiritsugu's eyes. It just didn't make sense to him. One can't have mana unless they had magic circuits.

It was possible that Y/n may have gained true magic from the grail but that didn't make sense since the grail only caused destruction and it honestly wouldn't make any sense as to why the grail gave Y/n true magic.

Kiritsugu sighed as he should just push this in the back of his mind as it shouldn't matter if Y/n had magic or not.

For now he should just keep an eye on his two kids and make sure they aren't raised into someone like him. He didn't want them to suffer the path he took.

Not also that, he needs to get Illya away from her grandparent. No doubt she would be used by her grandfather.

____________________

The soul of determination known as Y/n was staring into the night sky at his house porch. He was wrapping his head around everything that had happened.

He had died.

He had somehow brought himself back from the dead in a new body in a new world that had magic from what his father told him.

He had forgotten how his past life was like but retained most of what he learnt there probably.

He also had a weird red heart that would appear inside of his chest or infront of him that he could summon.

The red eyed seven year old stopped looking at the night sky as he looked at the red heart infront of him.

He touched it with his hands as he felt like something was touching him. He then brought the heart closer to his face as he licked it which caused him to shiver as he felt someone licked him everywhere in his body.

Y/n: So....What happens to you happens to me, meaning your part of me.....my soul maybe?

Y/n made his soul disappear as he felt it inside of him. He wondered what else he could do with his soul besides making visible to the world.