𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖚𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊

"So from your minor freak out earlier -I am guessing you didn't plan for this to happen," her mother says. Her voice was soothing and careful to the ears- as if she was afraid it would evoke another panic attack from her future daughter. Or maybe, she didn't want to wake the present sleeping one in her very arms.

Hope swallows the lump in her throat and nods her head once. She doesn't think she can speak now. Not so soon. She didn't trust herself not to cry again and make a fool of herself before her family. But, honestly, what more can anyone expect from the teenaged orphan who suddenly found her parents after so long, looking so perfectly alive in front of her very eyes.

All of it felt like a dream. A dream too good to be true to turn into reality.

"Do you know what might have brought you here then?" This time, it was Elijah who spoke. As always, He looked impeccable, dressed in his fancy suit. She remembered the time uncle Kol used to talk about his brother's wardrobe with a fond roll of his eyes. That memory was so distant to her now, yet it felt like it had been only yesterday.

"I don't know," she says when she does find her voice. She tucks her hair behind her ear, licking her dry lips. Her mind whirrs as she tries to piece together every information she knows about time travel. "Even back at school, everything I have read and heard about time magic is just based on hypothesis-"

Hope didn't get to continue after the slight slip of her tongue. The immortals were quick to catch the meaning behind it. They were probably confused which school taught about time magic. "-School?"

"The Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted," She reveals, knowing it was no use to take back her words. She had forgotten for a brief moment that the school wasn't founded yet at this time. At this point, the Saltzman twins weren't even born either. Realizing they had no idea what she was speaking about, Hope tried her best to uncork the future without giving away too much.

Because, for one, she is still not sure what's happening. A cruel, unforgiving part of taunts she is just dreaming it up -that she is just playing into the hands of Malivore by staying in this make-believe illusion. And for two, she didn't know whether she should tell them the future, doesn't know how it would affect them and the people around them. How it would affect her and the ones she left behind.

So she braves herself to say what little she could. "Alaric Saltzman and Caroline Forbes started the school for the sake of their kids - in the future, that is," Hope endeavors to explain, internally wincing for yet another slip-up. Seeing her dead family again; was not easy. Her muddled brain hadn't yet caught up on the fact that the whole world shifted under her feet in less than a minute.

So at the slight climb of a questionable eyebrow from her family, she struggled to reveal further. "It involved magic, a psychotic uncle, and a dead coven-" and when Hope felt like it was only making them more perplexed, she settled with a sigh, "-it's a long story."