𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 7

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

I walked along the streets of New Orleans for the second time this year, except instead of Rebekah by my side, it was the man I've loved dearly for over a millennium, and the loving brother in law who has been getting on my nerves since the day I joined this family.

New Orleans had changed tremendously since 1919. Ribbons and flags floated around, while jazz bands lead the way through the busy streets. Everyone looked happy, unknown to the dark side of this city.

This city was full of death, torture, and things most people will never experience in their long, yet short lives. Although every human claims at least once in their lives that they wish to know if the supernatural world exists, once you are involved, your life will forever be dedicated to it.

"Would you mind telling me about the girl we are about to see?" I questioned, looping arms with Elijah. "The young girl, Davina, was involved in a witch sacrifice. Marcel saved her before they could complete it, and now she holds the power of all the other girls that were involved." Elijah sadly explained.

"Let me guess, it was the harvest." I sighed. "Bloody witches and their insistent need for power." I'd read upon the harvest with Kol, and to say I was sicken by their behaviour was a understatement.

Looking up, I realised we were at the same church Niklaus had stashed me in. "This is where she's staying? Least Marcel could do is get her a bonnie apartment to stay in."

Niklaus left us to distract the priest and his niece, while we went to see the teenage witch. Davina stood in front of a easel, Scribble around a piece of paper with charcoal. Elijah leant against the door frame, knocking.

A striking grin coated her face, before slightly dimming once noticing me by his side. "Who are you..?" she cautiously stepped back. "Rosalie, but you're more than welcome to call me rose. I don't come in any harm, just wishing to meet the girl who kept my husband safe in his unconscious state." I softly spoke. "May I come in?"

She glanced over to Elijah, silently questioning him for approval. Receiving a nod, she welcomed me in. The place wasn't as bad as I thought it be. For a make-do teenagers bedroom, it was surprisingly beautiful.

"I made you a promise." He lifted the cloth off the grimoire pages, showing her. Davina's face lit up at the sight. "It's a spell of unknotting?"

"This is a sanguinum knot." I moved towards her bed, sitting down. "The witches use it as representational magic. If you can unknot this using that spell, you will have taken a step towards learning control. This is one of my mother is laws later spells. It requires much more power than you realize. Now, if you can perform this, then we shall return with another page." I explained.