𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 8

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

I and Elijah assisted Hayley in getting her in the garden, in an attempt to cool her down. Her fever had risen and was becoming unbearable for her. I and Rebekah continuously kept checking her temperature, while Elijah helped Sophie Deveraux crush up the herbs.

"She's burning up! We need to do this now." he shrugged his suit jacket off his shoulders, rushing over to Hayley. "Get her in the water!" Sophie urged.

He jumped into the water, causing a large splash. I hurried over to the pool, taking my heels off. "What are you do-" he questioned. "Shut up!" I hissed, lowering myself into the water.

He helped lower Hayley into the water, as Sophie mixed the herbs in a cup. "I don't see how a midnight swim is supposed to help." Rebekah stood watching the scene.

"Her temperature is sky-high. The water, with the help of the herbs, should cool us down." She passed the cup down to me, before I handed it over to Hayley. "Drink this!" I listened to the loud thumping of her heart. "We are going to have to get her heart rate down. It's practically beating out her chest!"

"How do you suggest we do that?" He panicked. He was equally as worried about losing this child as I was. "Hold her. It's a natural human remedy to slow the heart rate and reduce blood pressure." Sophie suggested.

Rebekah mumbled, and complained from the patio, as Elijah picked up Hayley bridal-style. "Davina will break the link, we just need time," Elijah reassured everyone. Hayley groaned in pain, as the fever surged through her body.

"I can't breathe!" she hyperventilated, clinging onto Elijah. "Okay, long deep breaths, Hayley! Look at me. Long deep breaths, just focus on the sound of my voice." He attempted to comfort her. "You'll be okay. You'll be okay." he whispered.

Just as she began to calm down, the chimes of the clock hitting nine began echoing through the garden. Sophie started to gasp as the spell began to lift, while Hayley still cried out from the pain.

"I just felt it lift." Sophie looked up to the sky in relief. Hayley's cries lowly decreased, and turned into heavy breaths. Elijah released his hold on her, causing her to lower herself further into the water.

He held his hand out for her, which she grabs ahold of. They both gazed into the eyes of each other; however, this wasn't just an 'i care for you.' gaze. It was something more...