CONFESSION

- - - -SHIELD DAM FACILITY- - - -

    Christian is packing his bags, heading back to New York, while also playing in the background is news,talking about the aftermath for S.H.I.E.L.D. Christian didn't know what to think, he enjoyed being a hero and was flattered by Caps offer to join the Avengers. But he felt this was a one time thing and he didn't belong here and  he was always better as a solo act.

As he just wrapping up packing, He looks over his shoulder to see Natasha Romanoff standing at his door.

Christian: Nice speech... You really gave them one.

Natasha: You really leaving?

Christian: Yeah, thanks but this really isn't my scene. I'll be rooting for you guys.

As Christian leaves his room, An urge comes over and takes over Natasha. She knows if she doesn't say something, this could be the last time she sees her son ever again.

Natasha: Christian...wait. There's something I need to tell you, it's about your parents.

Christian: Yeah I know they were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, Fury already told me.

Natasha: That's only half the truth.

   Christian, now slightly annoyed, turns around to hear what she has to say.

Christian: What do you mean?

The smirk on Christian face begins to fade, once he sees that Natasha is almost on the verge of tears.

Christian: What is it?

Natasha: Christian, I'm your... Mom.

Christian: What?

Natasha: Yeah... I'm your mom.

Christian is taken a back by this. One part of him thought it was a sick joke she could be playing, but why would she lie about something as major as that.

Christian: Look, I appreciate the sentiment but...

  Before Christian can finish, Natasha reaches in her pocket and pulls out picture she hands to Christian. It's a picture of a younger Natasha in a hospital bed, cradling a baby. Christian examines the picture closer and sees the baby in the pic is actually him. He slowly turns around to look at Natasha, he couldn't fathom that not only was his mother not gone... she was right there in front of them.

   Christian drops his bag and the two run to each other and embrace. Christian tries to hold back his tears but Natasha doesn't try. They break from the hug to see each other and are both in complete awe of the situation. Moments later, they are sitting at a table, drinking coffee, doing their best to catch up.

Natasha: How are you feeling?

Christian: I don't know what to think, like... Why didn't you try to find me?

Natasha: I did... Days after I learned Gordon and Maria was killed, me and Clint immediately went on the hunt looking for you. When the trail led us to Alchemax, all signs pointed to you being dead.

Christian: Yeah, maybe that's for the better.

Natasha: What'd you mean.

Christian: Look at me... look what they made me into. No one should live the life I had.

Natasha: Chris, you've saved countless lives... you're a hero.

Christian: You gonna give the same speech Steve gave me?

Natasha: What'd you mean?

Christian: He asked me to join the Avengers.

Natasha: That's great.

Christian: Really? Wouldn't I ruin the Avengers image?

Natasha: Please, If Tony Stark and Bruce Banner can be Avengers? There's more than enough room for you.

Christian: Funny, Steve said the same thing.

Christian: I don't know it's just... I wanna ask the usual questions like "why'd you give me up?" but apart me isn't sure I want the answer to that.

He drops his head, continuing to hold back tears. Natasha sees this and places her head on Christian shoulder. Comforting her son.

Natasha: There are somethings that I'm not ready to tell you just yet. But what's most important is that we're together again and I swear... nothing will change
that.

Natasha: So, what's next?

Christian: Well... Are there documents I have to sign when it comes to being an Avenger or do I just accept.

Natasha: That's up to you Christian, would you like to become a member of the Avengers.

Christian looks down and smirks. He looks up to his mom and only utters two words that sum up everything.

Christian: Hell Yeah.