Journal Thief

'Adelaide, are you ever going to tell her?'

Natasha Romanoff and Adelaide Crosshaft were speaking on the phone.

'How do you think she would react?' Addy spoke.

Natasha shrugged. 'Do you want the truth or the lie?'

'Truth, preferably.' She replied.

'Lila would fucking murder you for not telling her sooner.' Natasha admitted.

Addy sighed, she knew Natasha would be no help. 'Thanks for the crappy advice, Nat. Send my love to Lila and her new boyfriend while I can.'

Nat chuckled. 'He's not her boyfriend, Ads. She'll kill you if she heard you say that.'

'Well what are they then? Friends with benefits?'

-

'Have you heard of a little thing called 'friends with benefits?'' Asked Lila, who was sat on a picnic blanket on Bucky's balcony.

'No. Care to explain?' He replied.

'Google it.' She threw her phone at him. 'The password is 161291.'

'A friend with whom one has an occasional and casual... sexual relationship.'

Lila took back her phone. 'Jesus, that descriptions changed since I last looked. Scrap that.'

Bucky laughed, leaning back in his chair. 'Are you trying to tell me that you want to have a sexual relationship with me?'

Lila gasped. 'No! Sleeping with you is one thing, fucking you is something my innocent little brain does not want to discover.'

'Yet.'

'Shut the fuck up, Bonky.'

Meanwhile, Steve was still recovering from what he had witnessed this morning. He sat on the couch, rocking backward and forward, traumatised.

'Steve, bud, you alright?' Asked Sam, looking at Natasha. She shrugged.

'Bucky.. kiss... gross.' Is all he managed to get out.

Sam gasped. 'You kissed Bucky? Finally!'

Natasha glared at him. 'If he kissed Bucky then I would jump off of a cliff.'

'No dipshit, he saw Lila and Bucky getting it on under the duvet.' Spoke a very proud Tony Stark.

'How the fuck would you know that, you perv!'

'Tiny baby cameras. They film everything.' Tony answered, acting like it was a normal thing. Natasha looked down at her chest and covered it up.

'Don't panic, Romanoff, it's only in Bucknasty and Lilhoe's room. There will be no leaked sex tapes of you and Rogers any time soon.'

Natasha threw a cushion at him.

Steve ignored Tony's statements 'I'm traumatised.'

Bucky and Lila ventured out of his room, causing Tony to point at both of them.

'Ha! Caught them in action. Hope you used protection, don't want little spawns of Barnes running around the Tower.'

'Oh we didn't-'

'Go with it,' Lila muttered into his ear. 'Oh yeah, forgot that condoms existed. Looks like we are going to have to try again, thanks for the reminder Tony!' She pulled Bucky by the arm back into his bedroom, and burst out into fits of laughter.

Tony on the other hand, was fucking mortified.

Bucky opened his eyes wide at Lila, and his mouth gaped. 'What the actual fuck was that about?'

'It's a fun came I like to call, 'mortify Tony Stark'. It breaks his ego every fucking time.' Lila spoke proudly.

'So much for not wanting to ever fuck me.'

Lila smiled. 'I didn't say ever, Barnes. I still have a firm disliking towards you.'

'Well, you won't be able to sleep in here anymore.' Bucky clapped back, hoping to get a reaction. All he got in return was a smirk.

'You're the one that would suffer.'

Bucky ran his tongue on his bottom lip. 'You better stop giving me these sarcastic clap backs or I'll have to show you the proper use of this metal arm.'

Lila fucking died.

-
MEMORIES:

November 16.
Train. Steve? Falling.

December 23.
Pain. Cold. Falling.

January 10.
Falling.

March 28.
Snow. Dragging. Blood. Falling.

April 29.
Pain. With a side of falling.

Lila threw down the journal back to where it was before she had taken a look. She didn't want to invade his privacy, but nor did she want to be left in the dark. Conflicted, she sat down on his bed and sighed. All dates of which were from the past year, but no more words had been written since April. It was now nearing November, and the pages lay empty, no sign of any new information or memories since.

'Lila?'

Lila quickly glanced over to the doorway, looking at the silhouette that was standing there.

'What are you doing?' Asked the man, inching towards her, causing Lila to move closer away.

'Bucky... I was just-'

Bucky pointed to the journal that was laid face down on the floor, and tilted his head. Lila's mouth started to quiver as she stood up and walked backwards towards the wall.

'You read... my journal?' Bucky grumbled, shooting a stare directly at Lila.

Lila frowned. 'I just came across it and wondered what it was, I promise I didn't-'

'Get out. Now. Before I do something I regret.' He muttered firmly.

'Bucky, let me explain!' She shouted back to him.

'You don't fucking NEED to explain, Lila!' He picked up his journal and threw it across the room, causing Lila to jolt. 'I can see what you've fucking done! I'm not blind!'

'What's so fucking important about it anyway, Bucky? What's so important about dates and numbers that you need to keep it a whole ass secret?!'

Bucky sighed angrily. 'What don't you understand? You don't know me, you don't fucking know shit about me! Why does that journal, my journal, mean so much to you?! Stay the fuck out of my life, meeting you was a mistake.'

He didn't need to ask twice, as Lila had already been halfway out of the door when he asked. She reached her room, slammed shut her door and fell to the floor and sobbed into her knees. He was right- she was silly to believe that she would ever get anywhere with Bucky, they were both too broken, beyond repair.

Did Bucky regret what he said? Yes, yes he did. But was he also highly irritated knowing that his secrets had been exposed? Also yes. Truth is, he's never going to not forgive Lila, but at this moment his anger is overwhelming him and all he wants to do is punch a wall. Preferably pretending it's Sam Wilson.
-
-
-
-
-
authors note:
rip babe x