10. All Over Again

"HE WHAT!?" Kenji yelled out in shock.

You slumped further into the couch in embarrassment. "Yeah..."

He crossed his arms huffing in anger. "I don't understand what got to him, but he did not reject you!"

Sinking into the couch, you buried yourself. "He practically did."

Refusing, Kenji was not having it. "No way. He likes you! Everybody knows it."

Groaning in embarrassment, you sulked walking back to your room. "I'm gonna go sleep this off."

Little did you know, Oikawa was also sulking in his bedroom. Questioning why he cut you off, he looked into the mirror before holding his face in his hands frustrated at his actions.

He knew he might've just ruined any chance he had with you. But in that moment, he was so put on the spot he didn't believe you'd actually say what he wanted to hear. Instead he assumed the worse.

•-•

The following Monday, you had already concluded that you would try to let go of your feelings for him. It was too late anyways, it would only hurt more to keep trying.

Then came the time you had to meet him in class again. I'm starting to hate this deal, why does the MLB have to be so far away?

Entering the classroom with your head down low, you refused to look Oikawa's way. The thought of just looking at him causing the embarrassment you felt come back.

But he saw you, and approached you. "Y/N-"

"Oikawa-san! I- we- ...let's just get through the day okay?" You pleaded cutting him off.

He only gulped and obeyed your request. "Okay."

The rest of the day was awkward. Wanting to complete your end of the deal, you weren't going to falter just because of embarrassment. Even though you really wanted to just run and hide. You made a promise and you tended to keep your end of the deal.

Walking out the school gates together, the tension was unbearable.

Out of school grounds, a small park was nearby. Deciding to go to it after some awkward words exchanged, the two of you were now walking in the paths throughout the park with thick coats on for protection from the cold.

"Y/N." He decided he finally had enough of the tension. "I'm sorry I cut you off mid-speech yesterday. What..what were you gonna say?"

Afraid to answer truthfully, you lied. "It was nothing, seriously! Not a big deal, probably something random actually." You hesitated nervously, trying to find an excuse of some sort.

"Oh..okay." He said scratching the back of his neck.

Sighing, you decided to try to light up the mood. "Hey! I heard you asked out a girl from that school successfully. Congrats." You brought up remembering what that group of girls said.

Oikawa narrowed his brows confused. Then his face dropped after realizing what you were talking about. "Nooo! That stupid rumor really spread that far it got to you too?" He exclaimed stopping you both from continuing walking.

"Huh? But they-"

He shook his hands denying the accusation. "We talked a bit last summer yeah, but I was never interested in her. I was just trying to be nice and she took it the wrong way. I don't know why she suddenly started to lie about us going out." Eyes closed by annoyance, he explained shortly.

Hearing the truth, you couldn't help but feel a little bit warmer and a little bit happier.

At least that's cleared up.

Still, you thought it was best to just let go of your feelings for him. He probably didn't feel the same way anyways, right?

Flicking his forehead. "I told you to be direct."

"Ow- hey!" He exclaimed rubbing his forehead. "It was last summer!" He tried reasoning.

Laughing as he pouted grumpily, you suddenly saw a snowflake fall right between where you and Oikawa stood causing your laughter to cease. Concentrating on the little snow flake, your eyes followed it as it fell right in front of you.

Lifting your gaze up, they met Oikawa's before looking up into the sky seeing more snowflakes falling down all around.

"The first snow of the year." You mumbled softly.

"Y/N." Oikawa called you earning your attention again.

"Hmm?" You looked at him to meet with a piercing gaze.

"Let's see the first snow together next year as well." He stated, your eyes widening at his words.

A small smile painted onto your lips. Forming your hand into a fist, you bumped his arm playfully but softly. "Whatever."

"Hey! Let's get a picture of you!" He then suggested.

You made a face. "Seriously?"

He nodded his head and pointed towards a plain field of grass in the distance. "Over there! It'll be good for the memories."

Something came over you. "Okay, sure." You agreed to easily which surprised him at first before accepting it.

Walking over to the field, you looked back at Oikawa who already had his phone out and pointed towards you. "Over here!?" You shouted waving your hand.

He put a thumbs up indicating you were in the right spot. Then he zoomed in on you, making the camera focus on your face.

As he was about to press the button, his finger paused the last second and his eyes widened. Moving his gaze off the phone, he looked at you and completely froze in place like he was under a spell.

You were looking back at him, the wind was blowing your hair to the side perfectly, and the snow was falling all around you creating the perfect scenery along with the colorful sky. Then his eyes landed on your smile. It was bright and genuine. You were glowing.

Feeling his face getting flushed again, and his heart rapidly pounding in his chest.

He could feel himself falling for you all over again.