hundred fifty-one

The next day came with little rest. The world needed to be put back together, almost immediately. Plus, there was Natasha's memorial that needed to be organized. Telling Morgan about what happened to her aunt was tough. Luckily, Tony and Y/N did it together. Morgan clung to Tony, Y/N, or her uncle Steve for most of the day. None of them minded, in a way the little Stark grounded them.

As the three began putting this together for Natasha's memorial and began putting things together to help people, Bruce and Rocket began rebuilding the quantum tunnel. They needed to take the Stones back sooner than later.

It had been a long day, so Y/N decided to make dinner for everyone. She was busy in the kitchen when she heard Morgan speak.

"Mommy?" The girl called.

"Yes, dear?" Y/N responded, looking up to see Morgan climbing to sit on a bar stool.

"Why are Daddy and Uncle Steve getting along?"

Y/N couldn't hold back the laugh. "Well, I guess they've finally decided that it was time to forgive each other."

"Forgive each other for what? What did they do?"

"You'll know when you're older."

"I am older!"

"Not quite old enough for this, love. I'm sorry."

She folded her arms and pouted. "Yes I am."

"Okay, if you think that, why don't you come help mommy with dinner?"

"I'm going to go see if Uncle Rhodey needs me!"

Morgan quickly hopped off the stool and hurried away. Y/N laughed as she continued working.

"What's got you in such a happy mood?" Tony asked as him and Steve entered the kitchen. Tony went straight to his wife, kissing her temple.

"Morgan just asked why you and Steve were getting along?"

"What did you tell her?" Steve asked, sitting where Morgan once was.

"That I'd tell her when she's older."

"I'm sure that went over well," Tony commented, helping Y/N with dinner prep.

"Oh it did, but I got her to stop after I told her that she was old enough to help me make dinner then. I think she's now with Rhodey."

"I don't think we should tell her until she's like 25. We don't need her picking sides."

"Why? You scared she'd choose mine, Stark?" Steve joked.

"Let's stop right there, please," Y/N requested. "We do not need another civil war, especially in my kitchen."

"Now that I have you two together, I do need to bring up something."

Y/N was immediately worried. What something wrong with Steve? Was she going to lose him as well? After all this time, everything they've been through? She had stopped what she was doing to give her brother his full attention.

"I'm volunteering to take back the Stones," he stated.

"No," Y/N quickly replied. "I'm going to."

"Y/N, it's dan-"

"No. I'm the one that can control them, that knows them. I should be the one to put them back."

"What if something happens?" Tony questioned.

"That's exactly my point! What if something happens? I would be able to handle it."