Chapter-Thirty

Elle

"I can't believe we're actually doing this." I said as me and Billie walked down the isles of Target in search for hair dye.

"Believe it baby. It'll be fun."

"What if it comes out wrong? I don't want you to be mad at me."

"I won't be. I promise. We're only dying it black so there's not much that could go wrong. Only it coming out lighter than we thought. Don't worry I won't be angry if it comes out grey or something."

She stopped in the isle to scan over the different boxes of dye, searching for the color she wanted.

"What about your parents? Won't they be mad?"

"Elle I've been dying my hair since I was 9, and black is the like the last color that they would be mad at me for."

"No I meant at me."

"What would they be mad at you for?" She asked, throwing a couple boxes in the basket.

"I don't know."

She noticed my anxiety, immediately putting down the basket and taking my hands away from my mouth.

"Hey, it's okay I promise. No one is gonna be upset with you for anything. All we're doing is dying my hair black, that's it. We're not going and getting drunk or something. Take a deep breath for me baby."

She placed her hands on my cheeks and rubbed over my cheek bones as I took a deep breath to relax a little.

"There you go. It's gonna be okay I promise."
I nodded my head and she kissed my forehead picking the basket back up.

"Ready?"

I smiled softly and nodded again as she took my hand and walked us to the self checkout. We paid for our items and went back to Billie's house.

When we got there we immediately went to her bathroom to set up. Billie laid down some garbage bags on the floor in case anything spilled and set up all the products on her sink.

"Okay. I'm gonna take a shower and wash my hair, can you mix up the color while I do that?"

"Yeah sure." I started to open the boxes as she turned on the shower.

"Oh, are you comfortable being in here while I shower?"

"Oh, yeah it's fine. Go ahead." I said as I read over the instructions for the mix.

I suddenly felt Billie grab my face and give me a kiss.

"What was that for?" I asked. She just shrugged.

"Just because. I'll be out in about 30 minutes okay?"

I nodded my head and turned around so she could get in the shower and started to mix up the color.

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing but I just followed the instructions on the box, and made sure I didn't make a mess.

"God, this shit stinks. Is it supposed to smell like that?" I shouted over the running water.

"Yeah, don't worry! It's fine." She popped her head out of the shower, her hair covered in shampoo. "How's it coming?"

My face blushed red as I turned back around.
"Oh my god! Billie!"

"What? You can't see anything, relax baby. How's it coming?" She asked again.

"Good I think? It looks black."

"Lemme see."

"I am not turning around until you put some clothes on." I stated.

"Elle, I'm covered I promise, just let me see."