٬٬˖˙☁︎ ⦂ At First Sight

MATERIAL GIRL
⠀⠀by -NO0RI
⠀⠀w.d: 10/24/21
⠀⠀⠀⠀"… I don't wanna seem the way I do
⠀⠀⠀⠀But I'm confident when I'm with you."

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧
At the airport.
Hayami's Pov.

I have my luggage with me as I walked to the terminal for a direct flight to India. I chose to travel in private, meaning that I solo this flight and nap peacefully on the way to the destination since I didn't have enough sleep yesterday and yeah, that's on me. "Coffee or tea, what would you like?" The stewardess asked me. "Tequ– I mean, tea." I wasn't about to say tequila, I don't drink alcoholic beverages.

I really don't have anything else to do in this plane so I relaxed in my seat and closed my eyes, wearing the eye mask on and slept. Little did I know instead of sleeping peacefully, I dreamt of something long ago...

Flashback to when she was only 9 years old...
3rd Pov.

"Mom, do I have a grandma or grandpa?" The little child asked her mother. The mother stops doing her task and puts down what she was holding, picking up her daughter and seating her down on the table. "You see, your grandma and grandpa are...not happy with my decision. In exchange for freedom, I was cut off from the family." The mother gently caressed her daughter's face, "But I have no regrets because I gave birth to a wonderful daughter. You, Hayami. I'm so blessed to have you as my daughter."

The daughter smiles widely and hugs her mother. "Me too, mom! I'm so blessed to be born as your daughter! You're the greatest mom ever!" The mother gasps and suddenly tears welled up in her eyes and it rolled down her face. "Thank you...I love you, my daughter." She said as she hugged her daughter in a warm embrace. "I love you too, mom." The daughter replied as she felt at ease in her mother's embrace.

End of flashback...

"Whatever you do, never set foot in the main house. You're labeled as an outsider and a commoner, you do not belong in the family. You don't deserve to use the "Kaneko" name."

"Because of you our very own daughter who was supposed to be the biggest actress in the industry and in our family, rebeled and had you as her daughter, we had to disown her."

"She really wanted to be an actress..."

"But after she found out she was pregnant, everything was ruined for her."

"It's your fault."

"You crushed your mother's dream."

I gasped for air as I woke up from a dream turned to a nightmare. It was those voices in my head again that I started hearing in primary school. 'Why did it come back now? I thought I already let go of it.' I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, taking deep breaths in and out to forget about the nightmare. I looked at the window and noticed that the plane arrived at the destination so I stood up and grabbed my luggage.

I walked out of the termina and into the airport, doing the same thing and all. I walked out of the airport and took the first cab that I saw and put my luggage in the trunk, closing it myself and got in the backseat. "Pretty strong for a young lady, eh? Where to, miss?" The cab driver asked. "To Oberoi Udaivilas, please. I already booked in advance there." I said. "Ohhh, you must be a VIP then. Do you mind giving a tip for good ol' me?"