Chapter Sixty-Three

"I can't find your boy," Allah pouted through clenched teeth.

"Not my boy! His mess might have got me stuck here longer!"

Bright Star and the detective may have remained in a standoff until Allah decided to gamble.

How would Wilson think, and what would he tell this moron to get him to cooperate?

"It's funny you say that because it's my understanding that he told Chief Watson and the DA that you helped him figure out what was going on. Kind of a shame that whatever he found out might have now caused him to get got, ya feel me?"

The crime boss contemplated for a minute before sighing and whining, "I ain't no snitch, understand?"

Allah, smirked, knowing there was more to come.

"From what I hear, some stickup kids have been poppin' around the 'hood jumpin' out on corner boys, don't matter from what crew," Bright Star said, reluctantly.

"How do you know?
"'Cause my sources are more accurate than most of your boy's news contacts, that's how!"

Allah shook his head, frustrated, and clarified, "No, I mean how do you know they're stickup kids?"

It was a good question and even stumped Bright Star, who shrugged once more, rubbed his chin, and offered, "I figure it has to be that. They're hittin' up them boys so quick and in blacked-out rides, that ain't nobody getting a good look at 'em. Oh, and the way they're makin' it work is hot girls. These dudes thinkin' below the belt figure they're about to get some. But the girls are decoys. If ya boy found that out, I guess the cats behind it wouldn't want that in the paper."