Dimension 6

The door bursts open in our haste to get inside, my lips locking with hers in a feverish kiss as her hands grip the collar of my shirt as if it were her lifeline

“Sam,” she moans as she arches her back backwards, pushing herself into me. Hearing my name on her lips though just doesn't sound….. right.

Nonetheless, as she lowers herself into a lying position on the couch, I come up to hover over her, and her somewhat annoying voice filters through, “Just do it already!”

And just like that, I thought of my parents fighting over the stupidest of things yesterday, a vase. A fucking vase, and the mood was over. I sat up and went to the other end of the couch, pulled my knees to my chest, and got dragged into my head, feeling a slight pressure that was always there get suddenly, significantly worse.

I heard a voice, the annoying voice that belongs to Sherry, “What's wrong?”

“Leave me alone,” I mumbled, hoping she heard. I watch her stand up through blurry eyes, and placed her hand on my shoulder hesitantly.

“Sam…….” she began, but I've had enough.

“I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!” I yelled at her, seeing nothing but her. I felt the pressure in my head release with my words, but something…...strange happened.

Sherry flew to the wall behind her, as if she were punched by an incredible force. I heard the loud cracking of bones as her body collided with the wall, and then a soft thump as her body fell to the floor. When I looked at her I saw a pool of blood growing around her head at a rapid pace.

_______

Have you ever experienced where just a split second changed your entire life, your entire existence? I thought the pressure in my head was sexual tension that needed a release, but that was only partly true. I did need a release, an outlet, but it wasn’t sexual tension, or hormones, but some form of energy that has been with me as long as I can remember. The pressure, not the energy, but I guess the pressure is the energy. I don’t know what this is, or how or when it happened. I don’t know what I am and to be perfectly honest, it’s scaring the shit outta me.