Chapter IV: Buttercups

Chapter IV: Buttercups [Wilbur's POV]

//TW: Chapter Cleared - no warnings to display //

Author's Note: Just a whole lot of wholesomeness :)))

Hehe smol baby potato bean :D

---

November 11th, 1914

I had woken up with heavy eyes and a blank mind having forgotten the date completely. It was cold, which was odd seeing it was towards the end of spring.

"WIL!! GET UP!!"

I feel something soft hit my head. Teo was beating me with a pillow.

I was wide awake but Teo didn't realise. I timed myself perfectly, grabbed the pillow when it hit me, and sat up as Teo pulled the pillow away.

I looked him deathly in the eyes. "I'm. Awake."

Teo tried to tug the pillow out my hand. "Oh...Happy birthday!" He booped me on the nose.

Then it clicked for me. I was fifteen now.

"Oh yeah! I'm fifteen now." I pathetically say as I let go of Teo's pillow.

"Pfft, how did you forget?" Teo Half-scolded me. "Ah, never mind that. Come downstairs! Mum, Dan and the doggies are waiting for you." He started to walk away, but spun around again swinging the pillow hard into my face.

"-AWH!" I spat out, falling back onto my bed. Teo giggled, tossed the pillow on my bedroom floor and ran out of the room.

I heard a small commotion downstairs:

"Teo what did you do?" a sweet-hearted, light voice spoke. It was mum's.

"Bashed him with a pillow."

"Oh, don't wake him up like that!"

I laughed to myself.

I hurried downstairs to greet them. Hannah, Dan and Teo were all on the living room couches, with Teo and Dan looking like they just woke up whilst Hannah looked like she had been awake for a while.

Hannah stood up from one of the single couch chairs with open arms, her white silky laced dressing gown glowing in the sunlight.

"Awh happy fifteenth birthday Wilbur!" She hugged me tightly and harassed me with kisses.

"Ahh stop!" I tried to pry myself away from her. I love my mother to death, but sometimes she can be a bit much.

Dan ruffled my hair. "Happy birthday brownie, did you enjoy your sleep?" I just gave him a death stare. He knows Teo had been messing with me the night before.

"Oh don't be mean to your brother." Hannah half-scolded Dan and Teo. "We got a little something for you Wil."

I was intrigued. I watched as my mother walked over to the couch, pulled back one of the few faint pink couch pillows and picked up something from behind it. It was large, thick and rectangular in shape, and hickory brown in colour. It looked like some sort of book.

She looked at me, smiled, turned the item around and handed it to me. Teo clung to my arm. "We know how much you enjoy art, so we decided to get you a scrapbook!" He said with a bright smile.

I took the scrapbook, opened the cardboard leather cover and flipped through the first few pages, smiling hugely. I looked up to my mother and Dan. "I love it."

***

I heard my partially closed door creak open accompanied by the tapping noise of paws on the hallway tiles. I look over and, just as I had suspected, one of the dogs had come into my room, curious about what I was doing - Ruby, to be exact.