You knew!

Summary:

Arthur has found out that Merlin is Emrys and has decided to let magic back into Camelot. But before he does, he wants to ask his knights for advice.

Arthur found out that Merlin had magic. He was not that surprised, there were just to many coincidences. He would have never thought of Merlin. Clumsy Merlin, who can't, who couldn't keep a secret to save his life. But here he was, the strongest warlock to ever walk the earth. Arthur was aware that Gaius had to knew about his wards powers. Everything else would have been strange. And he hoped that Gaius was the person Merlin had been able to talk with.

Of course Arthur was sad that Merlin had not come talk to him, but he understood. HE was first Prince now king and his comments about magic where rarely nice. He had spoken with Merlin for quite a while. And he had to admit he had to thank him for his life. Not once but multiple times. Also was Merlin the reason why his kingdom was safe, at least from the most magical and treacherous threats.

Now his ambitions lay with legalising magic, but for that he needed his knights to share his views on magic or at least understand why he thought magic was no danger to Camelot.

Therefore he gathered his men (Lancelot, Gwaine, Percival, Leon, Elyan), Gaius, Gwen and Merlin at the Round table. "I asked you to come here, because there is a matter of importance I have to discuss with you," you could see that Arthur meant it. His face was earnest but still happy. "I know that Gaius knows of what I want to talk with you, as well as Merlin." His knights weren't surprised that Gaius and Merlin knew. Merlin was Arthurs best friend, even if they never admitted to their friendship. And Gaius was one of Arthurs long-term confidantes.

But there was one other at the table who could think of what thy would talk about. Merlin had told Lancelot that Arthur found out about his magic. And since Merlin was not executed, banned or in prison or even in the stocks he was quite sure that the future only meant well. So when Arthur looked in the round and Lancelot was the only one who didn't meet his eyes.

He was sure that Lancelot knew. Knew about Merlins magic and what he had done for the kingdom. Somehow it made him furious to know that his knight found out about his best friends secret before him. Maybe Merlin had even told and trusted him. "You knew," Arthur stared at Lancelot. The knight only nodded slightly. The king was enraged: "And none of you has thought about telling me? Did you all thought we act behind Arthurs back because he is only the king and friend. Did you thought that I'm never going to notice? Yes, probably it would have taken some more time, but please you can't think I'm that stupid." Arthur sat down, because during his rant he almost went to stand on the table. The other knights and Gwen were startled, they had no clue what was going on. They only saw that Arthur was somehow angry, while Gaius, Merlin and Lancelot looked guilty. "I would have told you," Merlin said and added silently "one day." "Precisely! You would have told me some day. But when would that be when you and I are old or one of us is dying?," this statement from Arthur made Merlin only look much more guilty.

Gwaine was brave enough to speak: "I'm sorry to interrupt but what have we missed." Arthur glared at him. Gwaine raised his hands placatory. Arthur sighed and regained his kingly appearance. "Merlin show them," Merlin nodded and let his eyes wander through the hall. His eyes glowed gold when they reaches a golden goblet at he other side of the room. The eyes of the others where directed to the same spot. Without faltering the goblet raised up and flew to the room to the table. Then Merlin set down at the table centre. "Ha!," Gwaine jumped up "I knew where had to be something magical about you!" The other knights weren't that shocked as well. Leon mumbled. "That explains the dropping branches and stumbling bandits."

"As I see your reactions, I think you all would be fine when I allow magic back!", the king looked questioning into the round. All the knights where grinning and a chorus of no came from them.

The court was a little wary of the notion to let magic back, but Arthur was able to convince them.