- prologue -

AMARA'S POINT OF VIEW

Studying sucks but do you want to know what sucks even more? Trying to be a female in STEM that is taken seriously, i've spent hours of my life dedicated to my end goal. That being a career as a well-respected neurologist. I've been told since I was a kid that i've got the smarts to be everything and anything I wanted to be.
Hundreds of awards, hours spent on extra-curricular, days on end studying to maintain my GPA and always trying to reach the number one spot. The only thing or should I say person standing in my way Christian Kingston. The man is my arch-nemesis, he's everywhere and always around and I cannot seem to crack him.

We've been at each other's necks since freshman year when he beat me in a calculus test. Ever since then we have been rivals competing for the top spot in our cohort. Back and forth of grades ranging between 90's and 100's.
It doesn't help that we have the same friends and are in the same group because I have to put up with him on the weekends as well. He's also captain of the boys basketball team and i'm the captain on the girls point blank - HE IS EVERYWHERE

The fact he's so charming makes everything worse, it seems like i'm the only one fazed by our hatred for each other and honesty I don't understand why. It probably is because that he has 80% of the girls and guys in our year frothing over him.

this is what i'd imagine Amara to be like everyday!