𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: Off To The Skies You Go

The day the letter arrived everything that happened after it seemed to have passed by in a blink. To Andromeda, it felt like an hour ago she was just watching Persephone skip into the kitchen holding the admission letter, bursting with enthusiasm and now she was rushing in and out of the halls making sure she had cleaned every corner and had not left any room for criticism from her snippy mistress before they would send Persephone off to Oxymoron.

Despite the fact she still needed to inspect another floor, she made time to abruptly hover by Effie's half-opened door and utter a quick reminder before continuing her search, "Persephone, really I think that you should put your luggage in the vehicle now. Mrs Emmity told you to go bring them to your father about an hour ago already."

"Oh, your right, I remember. I'm sorry I forgot, I was doing a little last-minute packin," Persephone said exasperatedly even though the fairy had already left. She was bolting across the room: closing cupboards, putting back everything she wasn't taking with her to boarding school, gathering pens, smoothing out her bed, tripping on a guitar, and finally stuffing it into a bag.

When the chaos was done, she composed herself; she took a deep breath and heaved her stuff downstairs and out the front door to hand it over to his father. In her father's fashion of carrying things, her bags' handles were slung around her arms as she struggled to keep them up due to it's weight.

Vladimir sat in their vehicle's drivers seat. He was in his best suit—he wore it especially for this occasion: her daughter's first day in the most prestigious school in England for mastering the craft of Magick. When Persephone habded out her bags, he took them bag with a nod of thanks and got up to put them in the trunk.

While Persephone and her father was packed and ready to go, her mother, on the other hand, (like Andromeda) was making sure they left the house in a decent state in case of unexpected visits. She was also wearing her best dress: a flowy, blue bouffont that looked like it came out of a fairy tale. 

Persephone itched to go back to her room and reorganize her bookshelf that got all messed up when she was rushing to pack earlier but realized that it didn't matter, she was going to be away for almost a year anyway. She'll miss Vladimir and Andromeda a lot. Persephone would miss her mother too, even though there had been many days when she had prayed to never see her again. She had always thought that Estella sometimes had a tendency to make things more difficult for her. At least, she'd be able to forget about those feelings for some months.

Her father had come back to his seat and was about to go back to an interesting article about some deranged seer predicting the end of the world by either the end of the year or early next year but halted when he noticed her daughter who stood on the pavement, staring at their house as she clasped her hands tightly in front of her uniform.

"What is it?" He called out, snapping her out of a trance.

She turned around sharply, "Nothing, just taking one last look at the house before I leave."

"Oh don't worry, it'll still look the same when you come back," He reassured with a mischievous smile that foreboded a silly joke. "Except for a few statues of unicorns in tutus and a bright pink paint job. It looks really dull, so I thought of adding some décor now that no one can talk me out of it."