Ch 22: "Farewell"

(Katie's pov)

The next morning was like always. The crew having breakfast, joking and playing around always kept me smiling.

Felix: Good morning, Katie! Did you sleep well?

Hearing those words from him reminded me of last night.

Katie: Y-Yeah, I slept perfectly, thanks. What about you?
Felix: *yawns* I stayed awake for three hours but... I'm okay.
Katie: Try to sleep more, dummy.

"Dummy" counter: 3

Felix: Stop calling me like that!

I started laughing.

Foxy: Hey, Katie!
Katie: Hi, Foxy! How did you sleep last night?
Foxy: Very good. How did you sleep?
Katie: I slept well, thanks.
Felix: Yeah, what about Kitty and Pandy?
Katie: They slept well. A little bit too well. They got up at 6 a.m. to exercise! Who does that?
Foxy: Uhm... You? At least before the infection.
Katie: That's another topic.

We ate breakfast, and then Willow came to give us our daily chores. We had a break yesterday, so we had to get back to work right away.

Willow: So... Okay. Tigry, Rash, Pony, Baren,  go outside and take out every infected you guys find. Kitty, Pandy, Filip, search for supplies at the store. Bring every useful thing. Foxy, Felix, Katie, today is your first supply run. Go to the City and bring anything. That's all. Understood?
Everyone: Yes, Willow.
Willow: And Foxy, can I borrow your knife for now? I need it.
Foxy: Uhh... Sure.

We got outside and made our way to the City. It wasn't really far, and we talked a little while walking.

Foxy: It's our first supply run! Can you guys believe it?
Felix: I honestly didn't think this moment would come this quick. And I don't know why I am so excited!
Katie: I don't know about you guys... but I think this is kind of suspicious.
Foxy: What do you mean?
Katie: Willow already sent Kitty, Pandy and Filip on a supply run, too. Why would she need this?
Foxy: Maybe she just couldn't find anything better for us to do.
Felix: Yeah, don't think too much about it.

We got to the City fifteen minutes later.

Katie: Guys, look! The mall is around here!
Felix: Let's go inside. We may find lots of things in there.
Foxy: Sure thing!

After taking supplies from the mall, we went outside. The place was quiet; just the sounds of our footsteps and some chirps. We were searching for more things until we heard a gun shooting.

Foxy: Woah, what was that? Are you guys okay?
Felix: Yeah, I guess.
Katie: It wasn't aiming at us.
Felix: Huh?
Katie: It wasn't even aiming at anything.
Foxy: What do you mean?
Katie: I mean...

I pointed to a big group of around twenty infected, all of them running towards us.

Katie: Whoever shot just wanted to bring them here.
Felix: Run!

We all started running, but they surrounded us.

Foxy: Guys, let's split!
Felix: Okay, I'll go to the left, you guys go to the right!

We split and started battling the infected. The problem was that... Foxy didn't have his knife, so I had to fight for the two of us.

Foxy: I'll punch the infected, Katie!
Katie: Wait, no, don't do that!

While we had that little argument, an infected tried to attack him, but I knocked it.

Katie: Don't risk yourself! Are you okay?
Foxy: Yeah, I guess.

We got past that big trouble in around five minutes of fighting. After that, we went out of the City and encountered Felix. But I noticed Foxy was kinda worried.

Felix: There you are, guys!
Katie: You ok?
Felix: Yeah. What about you?
Katie: We're fine. Right, Foxy?
Foxy: I guess. I know a place we can visit now for a little before going back.
Felix: Well, that's weird. But let's go!
Katie: Ok, then, I'm going, too!

We walked around the outer part of the City, and we could see it. The Carnival. Still in all it's glory. We entered freely, as it was completely empty.

Felix: Wow, dude! What are we doing here?
Foxy: You guys need to leave something in there.

He pointed to a cage. It wasn't really big, but it was big enough for one person. Then he opened it, went in and gave me the key.

Foxy: Lock me in here. Hurry.
Felix: What? Man, this is not joke time.
Foxy: It's not a joke.

He raised his head a little bit, and we both saw a scratch in his neck. Tears filled my eyes.

Katie: Foxy...?
Foxy: Don't worry, Katie. It's not your fault.
Felix: You got to be kidding me.
Foxy: Unfortunately, I'm not. Lock the door.
Felix: Don't expect me to leave you in here!
Foxy: Lock the door, guys.
Felix: Please...
Foxy: Bro... I'm sorry.
Felix: Get out of there!
Katie: *sobs* Felix, don't make this more difficult for us.
Felix: There has to be another way!
Foxy: Sorry...

Foxy got a little bit closer and tried hugging Felix. He really didn't do it well because of the cage, but a hug is a hug. Felix just stepped aside, trying not to cry, as I locked the door.

Foxy: *smiles* It's done. Never forget me, okay?
Felix: Don't think I won't come for you.
Foxy: *sighs* Sure. Bye...

We both turned around, but Foxy started acting weird.

Foxy: Wait, guys, where are you going? Get me out of here!
Felix: What...?
Foxy: Don't leave me, please...

We looked at him, one of his eyes was completely black, with a little shiny white pupil. The other one was normal. The infection was taking him over.

Foxy: Open the door! What do you think you are doing?
Katie: This is not you, Foxy! Stop!
Foxy: Of course it's me!
Felix: I'm so sorry.

Felix went towards the cage and used his bat to knock Foxy out. I gave him a worried look.

Felix: L-Let's just go...
Katie: Okay...

●●●

(Third person narration)

Hours passed, and Willow entered to the Carnival. She had her gun in one hand, and Foxy's knife in the other one. She went to Foxy's cage, where he was already awaken, with a note besides him. When Foxy saw Willow, he inmediately tried to grab her neck, but she stopped him pointing at his head with her gun.

Willow: Put a finger on me and you are dead. I know you can still understand me. Your left eye isn't fully turned. You can still die with this.

Foxy, who was still battling against the infection inside of him, managed to talk a little bit, while smiling.

Foxy: I don't care. I don't want to live a life where I'm only willing to attack people.
Willow: And that's the fun part about this.
Foxy: W-Why are you doing this?
Willow: Because I can. Powerful people do what they want. And I'll finally get my revenge on those who have hurted me.

She whispered inside his ear.

Willow: And I told you I'd make sure you don't tell about this to anyone. Nobody will get on my way, do you understand?

Willow finally left Foxy's knife inside the cage, and a note in front of it.

"Do not open. Monster inside.
-TSP"

Willow: Have fun, sweetheart!

No more filler :D
My emotional stability is not okay.
I'm not okay.
Chapter 12
Help-
I may not release a new chapter next week. It depends on how much inspiration I get. I was actually not going to publish anything today, but my mind suddenly made me write this whole chapter in an hour so... okay, this is too much.
That's all for now!