𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 3

Johns POV

Two weeks later

Hateful glares were cast across the room. Looming tension hung in the air like fog. "Why don't we all just apologize? Surely it's a misunderstanding-" Eve begged, glancing at either side.

Beside me, Maria shifted, crossing her arms. "You heard her, apologize." Maria demanded, tapping her foot lightly. "I'm sorry you're such a-" Eve cut Erin off with a vicious glare. She clamped her jaw shut. Nichole, who stood defiantly beside Erin, prepared to reply.

"I'm not apologizing for my small minded sister here to feel good about herself." She snorted, dragging a hand through her hair.

"You're the one who wants attention." I snapped at her, watching as she narrowed her eyes. "At least I'm not the one being manipulated by a brat who can't stand being left alone without the spotlight for two seconds." Nichole snorted, rolling her eyes.

"Guys please! Senor is away and expects us to get things done. So please stop arguing!" Eve said desperately, Phoenix nodded silently in agreement. "We would be getting things done if she hadn't left me out of that mission!" Maria shouted, jabbing an accusing finger at Nichole.

"It was a mission you didn't need to be on!" Erin yelled. Annoyance coursed through me. If they would just admit what they did it'd all be over.

"I'm so done with her drama." Nichole spoke up, heading for the door. "Where are you going?" I questioned, aggravated she was just up and leaving. "I thought you were Maria's babysitter?" She huffed, slamming the door behind her. Our new makeshift house rattled at the loud slam.

Phoenix winced at the noise, shaking her head ever so slightly.

***

"So we're all good now?" Eve breathed, relief shining in her eyes. We all nodded, after yesterday's argument, things had settled over. "Hey John, can we talk?" Maria whispered, taking a glance at me. "Sure," I replied casually ignoring the mocking voices coming from Erin.

Maria dragged me outside, a serious expression hid the emotions in her eyes. She inhaled deeply, "John, I really like you." I froze, embarrassment flushed my face.

I stood there awkwardly before replying. "Oh...look um, Maria..." trailing off was my only hope to preserve her heart without breaking it. "You like someone else." She concluded for me, tears brimming in her eyes. All I could do is nod.

"And it's one of them." She spat them with such venom it caught me off guard. "I never said-"

"Don't even bother." Maria choked out, taking a step back. "I should've known I was never good enough. Don't bother coming after me." Maria cried, although her tears seem very forced. She ran off, as she said, I didn't bother coming after her. I only knew too well what rejection felt like.