Ch 10: The Duke's Requirement

Three days later...

Venta regained his consciousness.

He could feel his body as light as a feather...ah!~ That's right, he was a bird.

His eye was too heavy for him to open it, and his throat was hurt as hell...Fuck! Had his body become a waste?

Venta: "Ugh...um...ugh..."

Moonlit stood up abruptly from the sofa, he dashed to the bed then he saw what he had been expecting to see for the last three days, the baby bird moved! He sighed with relief.

He went to sit on the bed beside the baby bird, he called out softly:

"Venta? Can you hear me?"

The moment Venta heard Moonlit's melodic voice, his eyes were wide-opened.

Moonlit was a bit surprised to be staring passionately by those big round eyes.

Moonlit: "Are you ok?"

Venta's throat was too painful for him to speak so he could only use his eye to look at the Moonlit.

"Is it awake?"

The deep low voice rang out of nowhere, seemed to come closer and it attracted Venta's attention, he turned his head toward the direction of the voice. He was shocked silly.

Moonlit: "Yes, Venta awakes"

Venta praised Moonlit in his mind that Moonlit was able to talk normally with the person in front of them.

Venta wasn't even sure if that person was a human or not?

"That's good, I will look forward to the result then I will take my leave"

The deep low voice spoke very politely yet it was still quite oppressing, it made the heart of the listener chaotic. And Venta was no different.

That person while talking with Moonlit, didn't move that sharp gaze away from Venta.

Venta braced himself to make eye contact with that person with a straight face even though his heart was beating so fast enough to make his ear unable to hear anything else except his chaotic heartbeat.

What was fearing Venta about that person?

It was simple. Because that person was so freaking huge, Venta couldn't see that person's face at all. That person was like a mountain, Venta seriously thought whether that person was a human or not.

That person diverted his gaze from the bird expressionlessly. He walked leisurely to the door.

He stopped at the door, he turned to look at Moonlit with an unreadable expression, he said:

"Do your best, I expect to see the result as soon as possible"

Without waiting for a reply, he left the room.

Venta didn't hear what that person say to Moonlit because he focused on how huge of that person was.

If he didn't guess wrong, according to the door, that person was at least or almost 3meters...shut the fuck up! That wasn't a human but a small giant.

The bird's eyes slowly rolled back in the head then he fainted again.

Moonlit: "Venta!!!"

Venta slowly opened his eyes, this time, he swore not to faint embarrassingly ever again.

He got up and took a look around the room then he couldn't help but gasp a few times...rich...so rich...everything in the room presented as being high-class and elegant, gave off a noble presence. Moreover, it screamed to him to touch it, lick it and bring it home with him!!!