𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓chapter four:always her┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
chapter four:
always her
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT'S BEEN DOWN THERE?" Glenn asked, never taking his eyes off the walker in the well.

"Long enough to grow gills." Andrea said.

"We can't leave it in there." Lori spoke. "God knows what it's doing to the water."

"We got to get it out." Shane pointed out the obvious. "Easy. Put a bullet in its head."

"No. Not easy." Mallory scoffed. "If swimming around in the water hasn't contaminated the water enough, shooting it and getting walker blood and gun residue, if that's even possible, definitely will."

"Fine, then." Shane grumbled, putting his hands on his hips. "You got a better idea?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I do, actually." Mal spoke confidently. "We get a rope, wrap it around the walker, pull it up, then kill it."

"Okay. Nice plan . . ." Glenn trailed, "but how do we wrap the rope around it?"

And that is how they ended up tying a piece of meat on a smaller rope to lead it to a certain area so they could tie the bigger rope around its neck then pull it up. Easier done than said.

"He isn't going for it." Dale noted.

"Maybe cause a canned ham don't kick and scream when you try to eat it. " T said sarcastically.

"He's right." Lori stated, "there's a reason the dead didn't come back to life and start raiding our cupboards."

"We need live bait." Andrea declared, looking between Mal and Glenn.

"I'll do it." Mal sighed.

"N"

"Glenn, I'm doing this." Mal interrupted him, "I'll be fine."

Minutes later, Shane started to tie her to the rope.

"Have I mentioned that I really like your new haircut?" She chuckled awkwardly. She didn't actually like his new haircut. She thought he looked like an angry drunk.

"Don't worry about it," Shane said, finishing the knot and moving next to her. "We're gonna get you out of there in one piece."

"Living piece." Glenn and Mal corrected, but Mal continued, "that living part is important."

Everyone else, with the exception of Maggie, was holding on to a part of the rope that was tied around the water pump.