Chapter 1: Melo

A/n: Let the first chapter begin!!!

10 YEAR OLD MELO'S POV:

I was in an open field, meditating with a friend of Mom's.

???: Remember to clear your mind. Eliminate all distractions. Whether it be the Pidoves cooing in the air, the Watchogs popping out of the ground, the Herdier barking in the distance, or even.....

I jumped at the sound of a loud clap.

???: ....me clapping in your ear.

Melo: Ugh, seriously, Luca?

The one who had distracted me was none other than Luca, a Lucario.

He had apparently been around for a long time, so he was apparently one of the oldest, wisest (non-legemdary/mythical) pokemon around, especially when it came to

Luca: Aura cannot be properly handled when distracted. If you don't clear your mind, you won't ever handle it correctly.

Melo: But Lucaaa! How am I supposed to do that, when you're the one distracting me!?

Luca: You mustn't let anything distract you. No matter how loud or annoying it can be.

Melo: Hmph.

Luca: Tsk. You should be lucky I'm even telling you this. The only reason I am teaching you how to use aura is because your mother told me to.

I out my head down.

Melo: *Sigh* Listen, I'm sorry, but I still don't get how I'll be able to do the whole aura thing if it requires so much focus.

Luca put a paw on my shoulder.

Luca: You'll learn eventually. Trust me. Not many can use aura, let alone master it, but with enough time......and patience...... you'll someday master it, but only when the time is right.

I smiled slightly.

Melo: Thanks, Luca.

Luca: Now don't expect me to cheer you up more, I'm maxed out. You should head back home.

I sprang up from my sitting spot and began running back to Mom's.

Melo: Bye Luca!!

TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY CHIBI DIALGA

Melo: Mom! I'm home! I even picked up some berries.

I walk into a small den to see Meloetta, my mom.

Meloetta: Oh hey, sweetie. How was your aura training with Luca?

Melo: *sigh* Still on the whole "clear your mind" bit.

Meloetta: You'll get there, Melo. I know it, but hey! I got some combee honey from the nearby Vespiqueen. She was nice enough to lend me some to make lunch.

Melo: Oooooo! What're we having?

Meloetta: We're having Honey-Coated Oran Berries!

Melo: Yes!

Meloetta: I just need the Oran Ber- OH! You got them for me!? Aw, how sweet of you.

Mom began pinching my cheek lightly.

Melo: M-Mom!

Mom giggled.

Meloetta: Sorry, Melo. Now, I'll take these berries while you go play while I make lunch, ok?

Melo: Ok. Love you!

Meloetta: Love you too.

I ran out to find a pokemon to play with.

TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY CHIBI CHARIZARD COOKING BACON.......NOW I'M HUNGRY.....

Melo: Hey, Garth! Where'd you go?

I was looking around for a friend of mine, Gabe the Ga-

???: GOTCHA!!

Melo: WHA!?

I was suddenly tackled by....

Melo:...... really, Garth?

Garth: Ha! Gotcha!

Garth: Ha! Gotcha!

Melo: Not funny!

Garth: To me it was.

Melo: What'd Mom say about tackling!?

Garth scratched the back of his head.

Garth: Alright, alright, calm down. Sorry. Hehe.

Melo: It's fine. Besides.....

I smirked at Garth.

Melo: I gotta get payback, don't I?

Garth began sweating nervously.

Garth: What?

Melo: C'MERE YOU!!!!

Garth: AHHHH!!!!

I began chasing Garth, trying my best to tackle him back.

Melo: 🎶I'm! gonna! get! you! I'm! gonna! get! you!🎶

Garth: 🎶No! you! won't 🎶

???: AHHHHHH!!!

We both stopped when hearing a scream in the distance.

Melo: What was that?

Garth: I have no clue, but if my memory serves correctly, that sounded like a....*gulp*.....human!

Melo: And what if it was a pokemon? Hm? Pokemon can sound like humans too, y'know?

Garth: I'd rather not take my chanc-

Melo: C'mon!

I practically dragged Garth to the source of the scream, prepped to save yet another pokemon, I do that often, but one thing I WASN'T prepped for.....

...... was the fact that it wasn't a pokemon I was gonna save this time.

A/n: Hope you enjoyed, fellow trainers. See ya next chapter!