Chapter 8: Ghetsis

A/n: keep in mind, I edited the book. Ghetsis is different compared to the original version of this book. I recommend rereading the Prologue before reading to clear things up, for those of you who read the original version of this book.

CYNTHIA'S POV:

We began walking back to Emilia's apartment, and a sleeping Melo was being carried by Luca. Emilia walked ahead of us as I tried starting a conversation with Luca.

Cynthia: So are you, like.....his father?

Luca glanced at me.

Luca: Hm?

Cynthia: Melo. Are you his father figure?

Luca stayed quiet. Assuming he wasn't going to answer, I was about to walk to Emilia, but then Luca spoke.

Luca: Not exactly. In a way, I'm....well.... more of a mentor to him. A teacher.

Cynthia: Oh.

Luca: Why are you asking me this?

Cynthia: You and Melo just seem.....I don't know...... pretty close. Like how a dad is to his kid.

Luca: Well, the parenting role actually goes to his mother and her alone. Sure, I've helped out here and there, but that doesn't mean much.

The two were silent for a few more moments, save for the city commotion and Melo's slight snoring.

Cynthia: How come you hate humans so much?

Luca: Personal reasons. Let's just leave it at that.

The walk remained quiet the rest of the way, but I noticed people staring, particularly at Luca, who was carrying Melo. Luca was bothered by it, but thankfully controlled his temper. The silence went until we went to sleep in Emilia's apartment, then the next morning.

THE NEXT DAY

I slowly opened my eyes and got up to see Luca sleeping with a sleeping Melo's head on his shoulder. At least, Luca appeared as if he was sleeping, until he opened his eyes.

Luca: What're you staring at, human?

I jumped. I thought he was asleep!

Cynthia: Oh! I-I...

Luca: You thought I was asleep, right? I get it. I'm against a wall with Melo sleeping on my lap with my eyes closed. But in actuality, I was meditating.

Cynthia: Meditating?

Luca: Its a thing I do. Helps with my temper. Been meditating since yesterday.

Cynthia: Wait, you got no sleep?

Luca: Yes and no. It's complicated.

Melo began to stir and open his eyes. He looked so cute like that! Wait, what did I just think?

Melo yawned and spoke, presumably saying good morning. I smiled.

Cynthia: Good morning, Melo.

Luca looked at me, confused.

Luca: How did you....

Cynthia: Simple. I didn't. I read his body language.

Luca: Hmph. Well there's one way to communicate.

Emilia suddenly walked in with a smile on her face.

Emilia: Ah! Good morning, you three. I was just about to wake you myself, but it seems you woke up just in time to enjoy a delicious breakfast. Come.

Luca: Tch. Not hungry.

*Growwwwwlllllll*

Luca: ...