16.

Trigga

"How long?" I asked the cleaner who was quietly observing the scene in front of him. Dressed in long sleeve grey overalls and black boots. Both of his hands were covered in thick gloves; one of them holding a black briefcase.

"About two hours. . ." He estimated. Pausing to observe Brian's large corpse again. "Maybe a little longer."

I nodded, before paying him. Once I knew he was straight, we left him to finish the job. Fully assured when Jahari returned, it would look as if nothing had ever happened.

Landon, Bentley, and Vincent all huddled up in the backseat while Laurel rode shotgun. No one uttered a word the entire time I drove. The silence made the ride quicker and we reached our destination in thirty minutes.

Pulling into the abandoned parking lot, I parked a few feet away from my car that was concealed with a car cover.

The boys got out of the car to get the gasoline while Laurel and I stayed in. In a daze, she didn't even realize we had stopped. It had hit her. At first, she was content with what she did but then the reality of it set in. She had taken a life. 

"Let's go," I told her. By the time we got out of the car, the boys had already pulled down the car cover and were ready with the gasoline. I led Laurel to mine while the boys doused the other car thoroughly. Unlocking the doors with my key fob, I opened the passenger side for Laurel.

We waited patiently until they were done. Landon lit a match and threw it in the car. The flame instantly engulfed the vehicle.

They quickly got in and I sped off. By the time I dropped Bentley, Landon, and Vincent off it was 5 clock in the morning when we finally made it to my apartment.

I parked in my designated parking spot, before turning the car off. I turned to Laurel who had been mute for a minute now. Aware of the bleak look on her face. Aware of that same haunting look I had my first time too. Damn.

She was stained with so much blood, it was all over her neck, and her sweatshirt was practically drenched in it. She still hadn't uttered a single word. And based on the expression on her face, I can tell she was here but she wasn't really here. She was still in shock.

Grabbing some wipes from the glove department, I grabbed her chin softly, facing me. Wiping the blood off of her pretty face, I looked into her eyes, taking in the innocence in them. She was remorseful which meant she still had some good in her left. I lost that look a long time ago and I didn't want the same for her. 

"Take off your jacket," I instructed. For the first time, her face made an expression. One that was full of shame. "I-I'm not wearing anything underneath," She meekly replied, dropping her head. I couldn't even tell.

I removed my black jacket leaving me in my undershirt. I handed it to her before turning, facing the window to give her some privacy while she changed.

Handing me her jacket, I folded it neatly before exiting the car. Following suit, Laurel followed me to the elevators. Smirking a little cause her ass was looking like a dwarf in my hoodie. It swallowed her slim frame. Completely concealing her bloody neck and hands. Once inside, I pressed the basement floor.

When the doors opened, displaying the basement, I guided Laurel to the furnace. I tossed her jacket in before shutting the door watching it burn for a little. I faced Laurel who was in a trance-like state. I'll have to get rid of all her clothes, but first I gotta get her cleaned first. That jacket had too much evidence and too much DNA to bring into my apartment. It had to go.