♟️Anxious♟️

Jaden woke up hearing her alarm ring off her phone. She slowly opened her eyes, seeing the sun creep through the large windows. She was still wearing Desmond's hoodie.

She reached over and found that she was in bed alone. Snoozing the alarm, she saw Desmond's text from a few hours before, letting her know he would be on the road and won't have his phone with him.

She sighed and climbed out of bed, missing him but refusing to admit it. It had only been a week of them being in this relationship, but to the both of them, it seemed like longer. Jaden wasn't sure she liked how fast things were moving.

As she thought things over in the shower, she concluded she needed to take things a lot slower with Desmond, because in her mind, their relationship could go really right, or end really badly.

She planned to refocus her time on finding a stable job since her lease would be ending by the summer and she didn't want to completely drain her savings on moving to another apartment.

Later that day at school, it was becoming more difficult for her to focus in class, but she already missed that same class the previous week taking a random trip so she stayed knowing she had some things to catch up on.

Once class was finally over, Jaden was glad to be done for the week. As she walked outside, she passed a guy who was standing against the door. He smiled at her as she walked by.

"Hey," he waved as if he knew her.

She politely smiled and kept walking towards the parking lot.

"Can I talk to you?" The stranger called jogging to catch up.

She stopped and turned around to face him, "I'm sorry, did you need something?"

She immediately locked onto his gray eyes. He was medium brown-skinned with short curls standing just a few inches taller than her. He smiled widely displaying a mouth full of braces. He couldn't have been much older than eighteen.

"I saw we have the same economics class, maybe we can study together."

"Oh, I..." Jaden hesitated. "I'm doing absolutely terrible in that class, I don't think you'll want to study with me," she admitted.

"That's even better, I can tutor you." He suggested. "I'm Corey, by the way. What's your name?" He stuck out his skinny brown hand.

"I'm Jaden," she shook, "but I'd hate for you to waste your time trying to tutor me. Finals are almost here."

"That's precisely why I'm trying to get a study group together." He smiled."How about this, you can take down my number, and text me if you'd like me to add you to the group chat." Corey suggested.

She relaxed a bit when he mentioned that he was creating a study group. "Okay," she agreed taking out her phone, she added his number to her contacts and they parted ways.

Jaden crossed the parking lot and got into the Acura and called Desmond, seeing if he had his phone yet. As the phone rang, someone knocked on her window startling her.

"Shit!" she jumped then saw it was Desmond.

"Why the fuck would you do that? Why not roll the window down and say something!" She rolled the window down furiously, shouting at him.

"I'm sorry bae. Me and my brother were talkin and I didn't realize you was already in the car til I heard the door slam." He had been parked next to her in Jace's AMG, but she was so distracted she didn't think twice about the blue sedan.

Jaden shook her head as Desmond came around and got inside the car with her.

"How was class?" He closed the passenger door.