IV

Chapter Four:
Card Dealers

Kouzai woke up early the next morning.

Her brain was in overdrive which caused her to start cleaning. Despite not having running water and the fact her apartment wasn't dirty she still went to work.

It was still dark out and Kouzai knew it was very early. But she had always been used to waking up at these times.

Kaneko however was not.

"Kouzai what are you doing." He walked into the living room where his cousin was cleaning, his hair was a bird nest. "The sun isn't even up! Why?!"

The short girl peered over at her cousin, he was leaned against the wall looking like he was minutes away from passing out again. She shrugged.

"I just need something to do." Without another word she started to clean again.

However she didn't get very far as a pair of workout pants were thrown at her.

"We are going for a run. It's more productive with games, cleaning won't be going anywhere but our lives might."

The girl huffed turning to glare at her now smug and ready to go cousin.

He knew exactly how much she hated physical activities.

And here he was, stretching in their living room looking as though he was waiting for her.

"Well? Go get ready! The park isn't going to run itself."

He chuckled walking to the door.

In that very moment she loathed him.

"Keep up slow poke!" Kaneko yelled while jogging far ahead of Kouzai. Instead of even attempting to keep up she stopped and pulled out the card she had gotten.

Walking away from her cousin she decided that finding out wherever the card dealer gathering is was much more entertaining than running.

Anything was more entertaining than running.

She sighed hearing her cousin start running after her but ignored him in favor of talking to herself.

"This card looks like those maps you see in-" The thought struck her instantly.

Her pace fastened determination brimming inside her as she headed to a well known subway station. She only hoped her theories were correct.

Pulling out a flashlight she stole from a store a few days ago she clicks it on rushing down the stairs still looking at the paper.

"Cousin you better be correct about this because this is giving me major horror movie vibes." Kouzai just rolled her eyes still walking.

Wasn't this entire month or so qualified enough for "horror movie vibes" or did they need to be chased with a knife too?

Thankfully he stopped talking after that, the both of them stopping at a door.

Kaneko stepped forward and put his hand on the door pushing Kouzai behind him.

"Incase anything happens to me you run as far and as fast as you can got it?"