sky

After the cops asked a few more stupid questions they held out a clipboard.

"Mr Renaldo, you may now sign the papers and have custody of sky."

My bio dad stood up and grabbed the paper. He quickly read through it and signed it.

The officers and him shook hands before they left.

As soon as the front door shut and it was just the three of us I leaned back on the couch.

Vegas put his hand on my upper thigh for comfort.

Bios dad's eyes darted towards the movement. He lifted his gaze and it landed on Vegas.
They both had dominating looks in their faces.

I decided to break the ice.

"So.. can I just stay living here and you go on throughout your life."

Bio dad looked at me like that was the stupidest thing I've ever said.

"Do you realize that you are a minor?"

He said the minor part directly at Vegas. Then he continued to talk, but it sounded more like he was directing it to himself "aye what am I going to do now."

I had a determined look on my face "I can take care of myself just fine."

He looked at me dead in the eyes "even if you were capable of taking care of yourself you can't, because now that I have a daughter I am required to take care of you."

Bio dad sighed defeated.
"What is your name?"

Vegas gave my thigh a squeeze before replying "Vegas Knight."

Bio dad stood up and shook Vegas's hand "Alasondro Renaldo."

Vegas's eyes shine with recognition.

"Oh shit. Your the Italian Mafia don. You and my father are good friends."

Alesondro's eyes fled to meat mine, waiting for a reaction.

I had none because at this point nothing surprises me "I'm gonna call you Al."

He looked baffled.

"Let's go. We are going to my house."

I must have given Vegas an alarmed look at the mention of me leaving because he thankfully jumped in "I'm going with you."

Al had an emotionless face expression when saying " your lucky your father is my friend."

We quickly packed before going to Al's car.

The car ride was better then I thought it would be. Al just did his work and answered phone calls and me and Vegas were on our phones.

We were texting all of our friends to tell them about what's going on.

When we arrived at the house I wasn't surprised that it was a mansion.

When we stepped in side Al told us to follow him to my room.

We went up the stairs and down a long corridor before arriving at my room. The theme is black and gold. It looks wonderful.

Right as he showed me the room I grabbed Vegas's hand to drag him inside. But before I could get him in Al cleared his throat.

"What do you think your doing?"

Vegas had a deadpan look on his face "we literally lived together for two years, I don't think that separation will do any good now."

Al looked like he was holding himself back from murdering Vegas.