𝑓 𝑜 𝑟 𝑡 𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒

forty one

Cassandra's pov

I've been staring at the tan walls of this hotel room for the past twenty minutes trying to figure out what the hell I'm gonna do next. Not saying I'm completely lost without Hailey, just that I've been crying for so long I've become a lil disorientated. It's still early and the sun getting ready to set but I'm actually exhausted. I can't believe I told myself I would gain nothing from crying. That wasn't true. I've gained enervation and even if it's a terrible feeling I still feel it. I wish I was at home. I want my brother. I wanna ball up in a cover and watch low budget movies on the cheap side of Hulu with my friends. It's not even the fact that Hailey broke up with me that's doing me like this, but the fact that she did it and was just so detached about it afterwards messed me up.

The girl literally gave me a dry ass 'ok' and continued about her business.

I didn't want her to chase me in the rain and apologize, I actually don't know what would've been ok after that, all I know is she didn't give what was supposed to be gave. But if I think about it, Hailey never in the middle. It's either she all in or she doesn't give a fuck. And the thought of her not giving a fuck about me just makes me really sad.

I wipe away a fallen tear and roll my eyes hard as hell when I see a message notification from Rosie pop up on my screen. I got a whole lotta missed calls and messages from Hailey friends and as nice as they are I don't wanna hear nothing about me and Hailey getting back together, and I don't wanna hear no apologies from her on they behalf either.

My phone rings and I almost decline it thinking it's Rosie or somebody but it's actually Julia trying to facetime. I accept the call and smile when I see Julia, Christiana, Asia, and Alaska pop up. "Hey, y'all," I give them a weak smile.

"Ooh, bitch you look terrible," Alaska frowns, looking me over and my eyes widened. Dang, ain't no type of 'hey' or nothing? "Did somebody die or sum?"

"Forreal, you face all red and sad and stuff." Asia adds and I shrug.

"I been crying a little," I shrug. "Or a little more than a lot." I admit after a few seconds.

"Um, that's obvious. We're asking why." Christiana chuckles, giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Me and Hailey aren't together anymore."

"What?" Julia's eyes widened.

"But y'all just got together. What she do that fast?" Asia asks and I shake my head. "She broke up with me, so I left."

"Damn," Christiana frowned.

"I don't know y'all, I really liked her. When I was getting my shit she.. didn't even look at me. She didn't c-care." I bit my lip, trying to ignore the tears forming in my eyes.

"Aww, girl." Asia pouts, covering her mouth. "I feel so bad we not there with you."

"I'll be home Monday."

"I wish I could give you the biggest hug." Julia whines. "I know you need it."

"That makes two of us-" Christiana agrees.

"Mm, fuck that hoe!" Alaska says loudly biting into a sandwich.

"Don't call her that," I chuckle, wiping my eyes.

"I knew she was no good. She was too good, y'all. How she rich, pretty, and friendly? Ain't no way in hell." She shakes her head. "Are you saying good people don't exist?" Julia asks.

"No, I'm saying she wasn't one of them." She shrugs and I try to think about it.

Was everything I had going on with Hailey too good to be true? And just as I really tried to think about it, Asia's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Why'd y'all break up?"