𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑠 𝑖 𝑥

|||Cassandra's POV|||
~~i'd believe it twice~~
..((April 7th 2022))..

"God, these taste awful.." Alexa grimaces as she bites into the chocolate chip cookie, placing it back down on the baking tray, chewing slightly. "I think we need to add more butter.. and more eggs," she starts listing off. "more milk, some more chocolate-"

"Man, y'all might as well make a whole new batch," O'Sean scoffs, walking up the tray and taking a cookie before taking a huge bite outta of it, immediately turning his face up. "Nah, matter fact.. just stay out the kitchen 'cause this don't make no damn sense."

It's day three of Spring Break and I invited Alexa over to the house so we can all make cookies together.

Me, Alexa, and Lori did most of the whole ingredients and baking process, while Chris and O'Sean just ended up following Reign into her room so they could play with her snake and mess with all her instruments. That didn't last too long 'cause as soon as they started getting too wild, Reign kicked them out, and to they extreme disappointment Hail didn't leave one of her Nintendo Switches behind like she usually do. Two months ago she was on the phone talkin' about how 'stupid' she was for leaving the switch she had Pokémon on. She said she didn't mind if I used it while it was over here, so I ended up using it to play Animal Crossing, even though I was getting into that game late as hell.

"I think these are pretty good actually," Chris shrugs, picking up a cookie and easily biting off a piece.

"No shit?" Lori asks as she approaches him before going ahead and breaking off a piece of the cookie and putting it in her mouth. "No, these are awful.." She frowns and Chris shakes his head, finishing the cookie in a few more bites.

"You don't think those cookies terrible, man?" O'Sean asks and Chris takes another cookie off the tray, shrugging. "Taste good to me.."

"What a liar," Reign mumbles and he just looks at her. "Don't 'yuck' other people's yum's, Reign."

"Such a 'white thing' to say," Alexa mutters, and I walk over to the counter and start looking over all the ingredients.

I don't know why I didn't remember, but me and Hailey bought these ingredients almost a week and a half ago, 'cause we were supposed to make cookies together.

Since Hailey's vegan and has a really bad tree nut allergy, we had to pick up ingredients that were vegan and avoid things that could have been a victim of cross contamination involving tree nuts in the factory. We ended up picking up stuff like organic plain flour, dairy free milk, caster sugar, baking powder, silken tofu, baking soda, vegan chocolate.

So I've come to the conclusion that's why the cookies taste the way they taste. Why I didn't read the label on the ingredients before we started, I have no idea.

"These are practically vegan, guys." I look up from reading the label on the flour, flashing the back for them to look at. "And we all know how much Chris likes Vegan sweet shit, now don't we?"

"I do, and I'm not ashamed." Chris replies smartly, continuing to just eat up all the cookies. I know for a fact he gonna have a stomach ache that's something serious after this all said and done.

"Maybe we should just make a new batch and let Corey have the rest.." Alexa speaks up.

Chris furrows his eyebrows, mouth opening showing off all the bits of cookie inside. "Dude, my name isn't Corey, it's Chris." He corrects her quickly.

"Hail, wouldn't have got his name wrong.." Reign mumbles quietly.

"Well, that's 'cause she's always callin' him white boy," I say, looking at her, seeing Chris shrug in the corner of my eye. "She still never got it wrong. Not like she called me 'black boy'," Chris says.