Chapter-06

(Riya is still crying in her room in darkness, her knees drawn to her chest and her face hidden in her arms

(Riya is still crying in her room in darkness, her knees drawn to her chest and her face hidden in her arms. The room is filled with painful cries as the voices from the past are still disturbing and terrifying her.)

(She hears someone calling her name and lifts her tear-stained face up

(She hears someone calling her name and lifts her tear-stained face up. She then witnesses Harshad smirking, looking towards an 8-year-old Riya.)

Riya (meekly)- No, please.

(The little Riya keeps crying and objecting, but Harshad doesn't stop, pushes her on the bed, and gets over her. That night was the most unfortunate night for her, as she lost her naivety forever. The present Riya goes numb as the younger one keeps crying and screaming in pain. She wants to go forward and save the little girl but has gone too weak. Unable to see more of it, Riya screams out loudly, breathing laboriously, shaken to the core.)

Riya (screaming cryingly)- No! No, no, no. Just stop it, please. Please stop it.

(She looks around for help, but all she sees is darkness. She cries out more and finds breathing difficult, so she tries taking deeper breaths and clutches her chest and throat as she feels suffocated in the room. She stands up by holding the wall, tries to balance herself while standing, and looks around, scared as she sees the darkness coming towards her from all sides. She has been sweating and panting heavily till now and hears some voices coming from the dark. Her vision gets blurred as she tries to stay focused and awake.)

VOICE 01- No one will come to save you from me.

VOICE 02- Why are you still alive, you curse? Why don't you just die?

VOICE 03- Your parents hate you, bitch. Understood! You are nothing but a bloody burden on us.

(She looks around, all terrified, drenched in sweat, shaking badly in fear, her breathing laboured. She clutches her chest tightly, feels unbearable pressure, and tries to breathe heavily.)

Riya (trying to calm herself)- It's okay. It's going to be okay. Everything's fine. Yes! I'm okay.

(She tries to take more deep breaths, but her condition worsens, and she falls down on her knees and cries out badly, screaming in pain.)