Ominous Due Date

Clove's POV

"Oh how can I go on?"

"I kneel and plead to you! For I will go to hell and back alone; for you."

"But this musnt't happen! Our love is not made to be in this world."

"My prized possession. My alluring angel. I've told the stars about you. If they consent to our love, surely our love is meant to be!"

"I-*cracks up* I-I can't *wheeze*"

"BAHAHAHA!"

"AND CUT!" Kharis turned off the camera. "Seriously guys, I need your help for this project. Can you please be serious for once?"

Although I was out of breath from laughing about the cheesy-ness of the script, I managed to utter out a reply. "Suh-haha-sorry-heheh!"

"When is your project due Kharis?"

Kharis's face became solemn. "Friday the 13th."

Skkrrrt! Okay, so. Let's recap shall we?

Last night, Kharis and I fell asleep on that mountain of pillows. The next morning, we couldn't find the boys. Turns out they were sleeping on the roof of the building we were in. How did we find them you ask? Simple. We cooked some B&E (breaking and entering? NO! Bacon and eggs.) And took the pan outside. The boys came tumbling off the roof. Anyways, after that, we went to school. After seven hours of that, Kharis needed help with her homework. She's currently on the "English Literature" unit. For her project she said she needed some friends to play as actors. (Kharis gets too emotional when she acts. She's doing a much better job as a supervisor.) Naturally, Kyro and I agreed to help her.

So are you all caught up? Kay, let's continue....

"....."

It was quiet for a moment. 

Nouren sighed heavily. "Please. Can we just get this over with?"

"Okay, okay. We'll be serious this time." I said.

"Great! So let's fix your wig and start rolling." Kharis piped up. "Aaand ACTION!" 

"Oh, how can I go on?"

"I kneel and plead to you! For I will go to hell and back alone; for you."

"But this mustn't happen! Our love is not made to be in this world."

"My prized possession. My alluring angel. I've told the stars about you. If they consent to our love, surely our love is meant to be!"

"......*stifle*.."  My lungs were collapsing

Kharis threw the script onto the ground with unprecedented strength and preceded to berate me by yelling, "CLOVE!!! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND FINISH THE DAMN SCENE!"

My lungs still ached but I managed to squeeze out a quick retort regarding her severe issues with procrastination. Kharis looked like a tomato. An angry tomato. Un tomate muy enojado. So naturally, I backed down not wanting to face the Wrath of Kharis. 

Nouren massaged his temples. Clearly, the stress of working with two idiots was just too much for him to handle!  "This is going to be the last time. I'm serious." 

Kyro laughed, "Alright, alright. Let's give these poor people a break. It's way past our curfew, we should've gone to bed hours ago."

"You're no fun." I huffed. 

"Well then, shall we end this on a good note?" Kharis suggested passive-aggressively. 

Nouren clapped his hands and readied the camera. "Take number-uh...oh fuck it. Un, deux, trois, and go." 

"Oh, how can I go on?"

"I kneel and plead to you! For I will go to hell and back alone; for you."

"But this mustn't happen! Our love is not made to be in this world."

"My prized possession. My alluring angel. I've told the stars about you. If they consent to our love, surely our love is meant to be!"

From my peripheral, I spotted Kharis glaring at me as if she were trying to say 'don't fuck up'.  I took a breath and said, "My dearest Orpheus, I long for your sweet embrace. Let all be known that I am yours to take."

Kyro rose from his kneeling position, gently and sexily grabbed my jaw, and craned his neck for a good ol' fashioned kiss. 

"May we be together even when we lay in the ground with the worms and all creatures of Gaea. Even in the realm of Hades, I will always love you Orpheus."

"And I you, my most loved Eurydice." And again our lips locked. 

"Ennnnd SCENE!! GOOD JOB EVERYBODY, THAT'S A WRAP! BEDTIME," Nouren happily announced as he skedaddled back to his resting place.

"Phew, at least that's done," Kharis sighed,  "...and goddammit! I still have to edit!"

I unfastened my costume buttons hastily and began to put on my pj's. I was tired too. Who knew laughing would use up so much energy? I looked in my boyfriend's direction. Abs glistened in the moonlight. Beautiful chiseled abs. How lucky boys are to be able to be half-naked without any concern. Goddamn lucky bastards. 

"It's late, let's get some rest. You too Kharis. If you wake up early enough you can finish editing. Maybe I'll even lend you a hand." Kyro ordered.

Kharis huffed, "Just a minute brother."

I joined Kyro and walked out of our homemade theatre; his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"So...is it true?" I asked Kyro.

Kyro looked puzzled. "What? What's true?"

"That you too will love me even in the realm of Hades?"

Kyro smiled and then started to laugh. 

"Hey! It's a genuine question! Just answer it, idiot!" My skin felt hot.

Kyro turned to look at me, love and adoration were pooling in his eyes. "Of course it's true. This shouldn't be a concern of yours."

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. A lump of lust made my chest contract. "Then would you care to dance to my rhythm, my dearest Orpheus?"

"Well of course Eurydice. After all, I made the melody."

We were all alone now. There were no cameras, no pestering friends. Just us, and our love which rivaled not only the love of Orpheus and Eurydice but also that of Helen and Paris. 

Maybe one day we would get our own story. But I guess that can wait until our tale becomes nothing more than part of the imagination of a writer.